• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF - What would it take for Panthers to trade up for #1 pick

TheSpecialJuan

9 minutes ago, csx said:

Unless they suck as bad as Zach Wilson.  But then again free agents respond to money above all else.

Yeah that’s what I was going to say it’s not like Free Agents aren’t looking at the Jets. Also a decent number of failed QBs have  still gotten picks back if you cut bait early enough. Wentz got a 1, Darnold got a 2, Rosen got a 2. 

Just depends on the situation really. Even a failed QB may not be end of the world really.

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

I could do this all day as well if you want to quote SB Nation articles

Pro Football Network recently updated their seven-round 2022 NFL Mock Draft, and they now have six Wildcats getting selected.

Will Levis is the third Cat to come off the board as a fourth-round pick going 108th overall to the Seattle Seahawks. After a few weeks where Levis struggled, he has completely turned it around stringing together two quality performances against LSU and Georgia.

This really doenst support anything you are attempting to defend..... I am honeslty not even sure  what you are attempting to say here tbh.... 

That mock drafts shouldnt be done at the begining of october, bc they are pointless and pure concjecture? If so, that tracks.

9 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

This really doenst support anything you are attempting to defend..... I am honeslty not even sure  what you are attempting to say here tbh.... 

That mock drafts shouldnt be done at the begining of october, bc they are pointless and pure concjecture? If so, that tracks.

How about a Giants mock draft from mid December 2021 then?

Round 5, 147th Overall: Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

No matter what the New York Giants do in terms of addressing the quarterback position, finding a suitable backup would be a good call. Whether it’s Daniel Jones or even Russell Wilson in 2022, Mike Glennon and Jake Fromm aren’t likely to end up backups next season.

It’s unclear if he’ll enter the 2022 NFL Draft at this point, but Will Levis is an intriguing day three quarterback who made a ton of noise in 2021. Levis has a solid arm and flashed good placement on the deep ball for the Wildcats. With some development, Levis can become a capable backup and spot starter for the Giants.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

How about a Giants mock draft from mid December 2021 then?

Round 5, 147th Overall: Will Levis, QB, Kentucky

No matter what the New York Giants do in terms of addressing the quarterback position, finding a suitable backup would be a good call. Whether it’s Daniel Jones or even Russell Wilson in 2022, Mike Glennon and Jake Fromm aren’t likely to end up backups next season.

It’s unclear if he’ll enter the 2022 NFL Draft at this point, but Will Levis is an intriguing day three quarterback who made a ton of noise in 2021. Levis has a solid arm and flashed good placement on the deep ball for the Wildcats. With some development, Levis can become a capable backup and spot starter for the Giants.

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

3 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

I don’t see why we would be looking for good FA QBs to come here over the next 2 years if we traded all that to pick a QB #1 overall. Whoever we pick would automatically be the starter for the next 3-4 years barring injury.

Certainly not imo. After a season of not showing promise on the field a new search would start imo. 3-4 seasons wouldn't happen imo.

It’s going all in to win a 3-called, not raised hand, the ROI just isn’t there… you’re willing to bet 3x firsts for not a guaranteed 2nd? Do you bet $100 to win $5?

I get swinging for the fences, but timing is everything… absolutely, go get your guy, without question. .. this draft class doesn’t include that guy, in my opinion..

im down for bpa, hopefully best te or de available…

There is a difference between being aggressive in pursuing your targeted qb and being psychotic and reckless with the future.  Not sure if there is a can’t miss guy in this draft.

That said, I don’t have confidence that the “diversity of thought” Reich speaks of will arrive at a conclusion where this deal would be rational.  Maybe if there was one guy with all the power but thankfully that doesn’t seem to exist here anymore.