• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kick the tires?

broncoitis

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah...wrong. In fact the league has seen quite a few of what's been called "positionless players" over the last several years. This scheme lends itself to some of that.

As to debating, the problem is you don't study anything yet you come in acting like you know stuff. Listening to you makes it pretty clear that you don't and you just come off looking dumb and arrogant.

If you actually want to be able to have a decent discussion here, you seriously need to read, study, watch videos and learn the game. If that feels like it's not worth the effort, fine. But continuing to come in and make bold proclamations about things you don't understand just makes you look really silly.

What you do on here is basically equivalent to writing an extensive review of a movie you've never seen, then trying to convince all of us that despite never watching a single second of it you still know everything about it...even when it's painfully obvious you don't.

I've given you plenty of good advice on how not to look like a nitwit on here. Whether or not you take any of it is up to you.

You talking about watching film and studying when all I said was "positons don't change schemes do"

DE's, LB's, DT's, DB's are the positions. Did they add a new position that im not aware of?

Overthinking everything is your problem. I mentioned nothing about watching film. You're talking about something entirely different from my statement.

Mr. Scot is never wrong. Even when he actually is. 

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You talking about watching film and studying when all I said was "positons don't change schemes do"

DE's, LB's, DT's, DB's are the positions. Did they add a new position that im not aware of?

Overthinking everything is your problem. I mentioned nothing about watching film. You're talking about something entirely different from my statement.

Mr. Scot is never wrong. Even when he actually is. 

Yeah, actually they did 😕

But even if they hadn't, those positions all have different techniques and nuances associated with them. Hence, why a defensive end in one scheme might be a very different thing in another.

See dude, all I'm actually doing here is thinking. The reason why it feels like overthinking to you is because frankly you're not thinking at all.

And if you think I'm the only one who's noticed that, think again.

(or, you know, for the first time) 😕

It's a pretty simple concept. If you don't understand the details of the modern game, don't act like you do. Ask questions and listen to people who do have an understanding of the things that you don't.

That, or continue to look like a dumbass.

The choice is yours 🙄

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, actually they did 😕

But even if they hadn't, those positions all have different techniques and nuances associated with them. Hence, why a defensive end in one scheme might be a very different thing in another.

See dude, all I'm actually doing here is thinking. The reason why it feels like overthinking to you is because frankly you're not thinking at all.

And if you think I'm the only one who's noticed that, think again.

(or, you know, for the first time) 😕

It's a pretty simple concept. If you don't understand the details of the modern game, don't act like you do. Ask questions and listen to people who do have an understanding of the things that you don't.

That, or continue to look like a dumbass.

The choice is yours 🙄

The techniques and nuances are the schemes. 

Im still waiting on you to name those new defensive positions apparently they added new positions to football and im not aware of?

16 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The techniques and nuances are the schemes. 

Im still waiting on you to name those new defensive positions apparently they added new positions to football and im not aware of?

Remember those positionless players? You can also throw in hybrids like what the Seahawks used to do with guys like Kam Chancellor.

There's more, but to quote Arthur Fleck, you wouldn't get it 😐

Why? Because you're still thinking football is the same as it was decades ago. It's not. The game evolves. Hell, that's one of the things that makes it interesting and fun. If you just want to put everything in a little box and say "this is all there is", you're missing out.

Seriously dude, here's an example of something you can take a little time and study to gain some actual knowledge of the game rather than just talking out your ass. 

Watch and learn. It'll make you smarter if you let it.

Considerate a gift 😁

And there's plenty more where that came from. Following our buddy John Ellis on Twitter is a good place to start.

Edited by Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remember those positionless players? You can also throw in hybrids like what the Seahawks used to do with guys like Kam Chancellor.

There's more, but to quote Arthur Fleck, you wouldn't get it 😐

Why? Because you're still thinking football is the same as it was decades ago. It's not. The game evolves. Hell, that's one of the things that makes it interesting and fun. If you just want to put everything in a little box and say "this is all there is", you're missing out.

Seriously dude, here's an example of something you can take a little time and study to gain some actual knowledge of the game rather than just talking out your ass. 

Watch and learn. It'll make you smarter if you let it.

Considerate a gift 😁

And there's plenty more where that came from. Following our buddy John Ellis on Twitter is a good place to start.

What position did Kam Chancellor play?

Since you can't name the "new positions"

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

So he was a strong safety?

Just like I thought. Positions don't change schemes do.

Sleep tight Mr. Scot

Eeehhh, not really.

To be honest, I considered continuing to give you joke names because you wouldn't know the answer anyway, but in reality there are different terms for it depending on who you talk to.

That's not the point, though...

The problem is your thinking as if football positions are something you just give a name to and write a job description for. I'm guessing you probably think everybody just goes by the old route tree (if you've ever even heard of that) as opposed to using things like mesh concepts as well.

That sort of thinking might work at a youth football or middle school level where you can still just tell one kid to run a slant, another one to run an out and a third to take off on a post route, but we're talking about pro ball.

(well, one of us is anyway) 😕

The game now is infinitely more complex than it was when I first started watching over fifty years ago. Personally, I think that's great. It's certainly harder to follow and keep up with than it once was, but that's fine with me because the mental exercise is fun.

Clearly you don't agree.

So feel free to continue acting like you know things that you don't. You're gonna look pretty stupid in the process, but apparently that hasn't bothered you so far.

Again, I tried 🙄

Funny, but player positions aren't the only thing we can talk about here. Even the roles and duties on the coaching staff are not so narrowly defined as they once might have been.

I imagine a conversation about that sort of thing might go something like this:

"What does a quarterback coach do?"

"He coaches quarterbacks."

"How about a runningback coach?"

" He coaches runningbacks."

"What does an offensive line coach do?"

"He coaches offensive linemen."

"What does a passing game coordinator do?"

"Wait...a what?"

"Oh by the way, the runningback coach is also assistant head coach. What are his duties?"

"He assists the head coach?!"

"What does that mean?"

"Uuummm...I don't know."

"Okay" 😕

See, there was a time when you could just go down the list of a coaching staff and put what everybody did in a neat little box, but that's not really true anymore. And Frank Reich has made pretty clear that he plans for coaching to be a collaborative effort.

This is a game for professionals, and thinkers. It's human chess, and checkers players aren't gonna do well.

Why do you think our last head coach got fired?