• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 Charlotte FC Game Thread

MillionDollarCam

Very disappointing loss, but the mistakes that were made in all three goals are things that can be corrected through coaching. 

The back line needs to communicate better, but it's not shocking that mistakes happen with multiple new players back there; one that's only been with the team for about two weeks 

The Swiderski handball is inexcusable, he is one of the leaders on this team and has played penalty of soccer. He knows he has to get is hands down inside the box.

But, man that Copetti goal was beautiful! 

I saw a lot of good on the build up play, just missed on a few of the final passes, but I can see what they are trying to do with the three up front. Hopefully, with more time they can get the chemistry right.

It's a long season, clean up the few mental errors and build on the attack! 

I found the stat that was shared in the broadcast interesting, where teams that had most possession in their game in week 1 lost all but 1 game. And would t you know it, we had 60% possession last night and lost by 2 goals. If Tepper is as much into analytics as he claims, I would show that to Lattanzio. Because we’ve held possession for the first 2 weeks and lost both games

• Pie 1

I’d consider switching the formation entirely to benefit both our DP’s. Run a 4-3-1-2 like Poland runs with Swiderski and Copetti playing off each other.

GK - Sisniega (until Kahlina is healthy)

LB - Bronico (our LB position is atrocious, might as well play Bronico )

LCB - Tuiloma (though I’d like to see Diop get a chance)

RCB - Malanda (Corujo takes this spot as soon as he’s healthy)

RB - Byrne

LM - Jozwiak

CM - Westwood

RM - Vargas

CAM - Santos

LST - Copetti

RST - Swiderski

• Pie 1

You know what? It's me. Went to the opener last year (which we lost), and was only able to watch 2 or 3 games on tv last year (which we lost). So I spend the AppleTV money, and watch the first 2 games, which we've lost.

Do me a favor. Just kick my ass, okay? Kick this ass for a man, that's all. Kick my ass. Enjoy. Come on. I'm not asking, I'm telling with this. Kick my ass.

spacer.png