• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free agent chatter

Mr. Scot

17 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Any idea what Foster Moreau will get on the FA market? Josh Norris intrigued me with his thoughts on him and spent the last hour checking him out. 

26 years old, put up 5 TDs his rookie year and was behind Waller in Vegas. I wonder if he can be a TE1 here in Reich's system. Seems like a balanced TE that can block as well as be a threat as a receiver. 

Can he be had on a reasonable deal and let others spend big on Schultz and Geisicki.

I would be totally fine with that, my only question is if he is that much of an upgrade over our current group. I totally think he would be our TE1 but he kinda fits the mold we already have of good blocking Tight Ends but limited as a receiver. My ideal scenario would be to take a high receiver floor TE in Kincaid, Musgrave, or Laporta later. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Same. Tampering period starts Monday.

Also, given the timing I'd expect some clarity on Shaq Thompson pretty soon...

If I was a betting man I think I'd probably bet on Shaq being cut. His current contract just gives him too much leverage. If I'm the Panthers I'm probably amicably releasing him and allowing him to test the market letting him know we'd love to have him back but nowhere near $25M per year.

People think I hate Shaq. I absolutely don't. He's a solid player. But he's a solid player who is carrying a cap hit of an elite player.

• Pie 4

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I was a betting man I think I'd probably bet on Shaq being cut. His current contract just gives him too much leverage. If I'm the Panthers I'm probably amicably releasing him and allowing him to test the market letting him know we'd love to have him back but nowhere near $25M per year.

People think I hate Shaq. I absolutely don't. He's a solid player. But he's a solid player who is carrying a cap hit of an elite player.

No argument with any of that