• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Acquire Puljujarvi For Puistola

MillionDollarCam

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

We aint winning a Cup this year or any year with Wadell as GM.

Yep, which is why I kind of wish we would just be sellers. We are going to lose a fair amount of our players after next season. If we aren't trying to get better, then we need to start looking at trying to build our best team in a few years.

It sucks our owner and GM are cheapskates...

• Poo 2

12 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Yep, which is why I kind of wish we would just be sellers. We are going to lose a fair amount of our players after next season. If we aren't trying to get better, then we need to start looking at trying to build our best team in a few years.

It sucks our owner and GM are cheapskates...

Dude. We have the 2nd best record and are number 1 in most power rankings. Sellers?  Have some faith man. 

our GM and owner are cheap asses but this team still has the talent to win the whole thing.  

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Dude. We have the 2nd best record and are number 1 in most power rankings. Sellers?  Have some faith man. 

our GM and owner are cheap asses but this team still has the talent to win the whole thing.  

Where is this cheap thing coming from? Necas is going to get a pretty big deal aav wise. They are generally middle of the road in payroll.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

Yea I have. They wasn't going to give up Jarvis or Necas for Timo, plus SJ screwed the canes and had them holding for a week.  

They offered SJ 1st round picks plus prospects.  That's not cheap. 

We haven’t seen you around here before. So I’ll give you 1. But you are missing the vibe bro. Waddell is as cheap as it gets. Go look around at all the posts. 

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, carpanfan96 said:

Where is this cheap thing coming from? Necas is going to get a pretty big deal aav wise. They are generally middle of the road in payroll.  

I've been pretty entertained by this whole "cheap" brouhaha as it pertains to this trade deadline. I think it stems from a few different things.

Dundon

When Tom came in, after making his billions off of a buy-here/pay-here used car empire, he immediately started cutting costs anywhere he could. Unceremoniously firing a living legend in Chuck Kaiton and picking a contract dispute with Rod over not wanting to pay his assistants did nothing to endear our new oligarch to the fanbase. However, TD has opened the wallet for arena upgrades and has taken us from a cap floor team to a cap ceiling team every year since his first.

Donny Wads

Waddell came up through the organization under Karmanos. Learning to GM in a poverty mentality, Waddell had to rely on his scouting and dumpster diving abilities because Ole Petey barely had the money tip the valet, much less get into a bidding war for literally anybody. Turns out that Donny has pretty good eye for hidden gems and he was able to build one of the best farm systems in the league rather quickly. Now that those gems have become polished, we have the team to consistently compete for a cup. The problem with getting the most out of your scouting and development, is you start to overvalue the opportunity cost of letting any of them go.

Catbird Jones

Our team and organization has become the envy of the league. With sustained success in the regular season and of the best farm systems in the league we are in the catbird seat in the East for years to come. Some teams are trying to figure out how to emulate what we do (NJD) and seeing some success. Some (BOS) are loading up now because they know this is their last shot before they're back to the cellar. The result has been an arms race in the East as everyone tries to keep up with the Jones's. Here's the thing about that though, and I can't stress this enough, we are the Jones's!

• Beer 1

On 3/1/2023 at 5:39 PM, Panthers Fan 69 said:

We haven’t seen you around here before. So I’ll give you 1. But you are missing the vibe bro. Waddell is as cheap as it gets. Go look around at all the posts. 

You're the one making all those posts. Not trading picks and players for a 3 month rental is just smart.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, cookinbrak said:

You're the one making all those posts. Not trading picks and players for a 3 month rental is just smart.

Dude little late on this one scroll down to my other comment. 

also, I took it back if you at my chemistry over players posts. 

we all were pissed. Then we saw the big picture and let the experts do their jobs. I’m man enough to say I was wrong Friday. 

• Pie 1