• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers get an A from the Players Association, but there are concerns

Mr. Scot

The full set of team grades can be seen here

The Panthers report card is here

What it says...

CAROLINA PANTHERS REPORT CARD

12TH OF 32 TEAMS

Overview
The Carolina Panthers are ranked 12th among all NFL teams in our guide. Overall, players feel the facility is older than most, but is still functional. The most pressing issue players reported is upgrading the pool room, a key tool for player training and recovery. Players feel the floors in the pool room are unsafe and there have been complaints of a slippery surface with players falling regularly.

The good news is that there has been recent investment into areas of the facility, like the locker room; and they recently hired Frank Reich, who was rated as one of the most player friendly and respected coaches in the league by the Colts last year.

The players hope to continue to see more money being put into the necessary upgrades as 92% of respondents believed that David Tepper was willing to invest money into upgrading the facilities, ranking him 18th in the NFL in that category.

Here's the breakdown by category...

CAR-FAS-Table.png

More details on these grades at the link...

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Honestly, with Tepper’s money, kind of sad that we aren’t great in all those categories. That’s all non-salary cap so here’s where a rich owner after 4 years should have had an impact. Seems silly that we have players falling regularly in a pool area.

He’s dumped a lot of money already into the facilities at the stadium. The bubble, the new Sorinex weights, the expanded training table. You can only go so far with the current stadium.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 3

4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Honestly, with Tepper’s money, kind of sad that we aren’t great in all those categories. That’s all non-salary cap so here’s where a rich owner after 4 years should have had an impact. Seems silly that we have players falling regularly in a pool area.

Unlike most NFL teams the Panthers facilities are inside the stadium there's only so much room. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

True, non-slip flooring is crazy impossible to do in a stadium. I mean players falling regularly is no big deal now that the field surface allows us to hold more concerts.

That’s funny didn’t see a grade for playing surface which really hasn’t been in the news much since the all grass field at the Super Bowl came under fire.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

He’s dumped a lot of money already into the facilities at the stadium. The bubble, the new Sorinex weights, the expanded training table. You can only go so far with the current stadium.

I'd be interested in seeing what the grades were with JR at the helm. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

That’s funny didn’t see a grade for playing surface which really hasn’t been in the news much since the all grass field at the Super Bowl came under fire.

My guess is everybody knows what those grades would be.

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I'd be interested in seeing what the grades were with JR at the helm. 

I think this is the first year they've done this, but yeah.

43 minutes ago, stbugs said:

The stadium and facilities won’t be upgraded until the tax payers foot the bill on a new stadium 

• Pie 1

The pool room floor is too slippery with players "falling regularly"???  Seriously, we're a freaking NFL team with the second richest owner in the league, how is this actually a thing?!?!?!

After the first incident, put down freaking rubber mats like they have at kiddie pools, problem solved for a couple hundred bucks.

If not that, just re-floor the freaking thing.  I realize it's not my money here, but c'mon, you can't risk players getting injured because they slipped in a room meant for health recovery, there is no way re-doing that floor is cost prohibitive when it comes to player safety.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1