• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers founder Jerry Richardson passes away at 86

mcsmoak

I ran into him several times at the stadium, by accident 

Each time, he could not have been nicer…big smile 

once I was at the 300 level upstairs and he and his golf cart driver (yes he used the golf cart up there)stopped and talked to me and my friend who was a Bears fan   

I don’t know what happened to him…maybe he has always had pervy workplace issues…maybe he had starting dementia…heart transplant…or any transplant requires a lot of medication maybe that affected him 

Who knows the cause.  Feel bad for people he mistreated 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Would have liked to have seen JR live long enough to witness the Carolina Panthers win a Super Bowl.

RIP JR

...or back to back winning seasons😔

It's ironic that shortly after we hire our first offensive minded HC, Mr. Richardson dies the following month. I had the opportunity to meet him once in Spartanburg at the Marriot Hotel. Pleasant Encounter. Condolences to the family.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Without him we wouldn’t have the Panthers. Despite how badly it ended I am thankful to him for that. 

That’s literally like saying if Tepper didn’t buy the Panthers we wouldn’t have an owner. It’s not true at all.

If we didn’t have a tax payers, PSL owners, and demand…we would not have the Panthers. People should really give the city/PSL owners credit for funding this team far more than the investors ever have including (in fact due to) JR.

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

I ran into him several times at the stadium, by accident 

Each time, he could not have been nicer…big smile 

once I was at the 300 level upstairs and he and his golf cart driver (yes he used the golf cart up there)stopped and talked to me and my friend who was a Bears fan   

I don’t know what happened to him…maybe he has always had pervy workplace issues…maybe he had starting dementia…heart transplant…or any transplant requires a lot of medication maybe that affected him 

Who knows the cause.  Feel bad for people he mistreated 

I have often wondered about this irt his actions.  As my stepfather got older, he became harsher, used worse language, and was harsher with people, especially my mom.  Aging and the various medications that old people have to take affect each of them in different ways.  Would be interesting to find out if he acted that way when he was younger or got worse as he got older.  

Regardless, while he had to go, he helped bring football to the Carolinas, and provided me with some great memories watching the team.  RIP.

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 3