• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers founder Jerry Richardson passes away at 86

mcsmoak

3 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Like my favorite tidbit of knowledge about how big a deal the hornets were prior to the panthers is that the strip club on Tyvola on the way to the coliseum was like the fifth most profitable strip club on the east coast. I can't remember the exact number but it was shocking how much money that place would make. 

The Men's Club?

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Max Muhleman.  I got to spend an afternoon with him at his house installing a computer and he was a very interesting man to talk to. The response to the PSL concept made the awarding of the franchise a no risk decision for the NFL.

Max Muhleman = absolute marketing genius

22 hours ago, KillerKat said:

Some people do not know mistakes from actual actions with indent.

Condolences to the victims of this mans actions that have to relive those memories today and to those in his family who have been hurt due to his actions. 

As far as football in the Carolinas, football wouldve gotten here eventually with or without you. You were just the first rich guy that was able to do it. You cared more about the league than the actual success of the team and allowed the decision makers to waste talent year after year. Good job.

You do not have to explain who or what you are because this post reveals it all.

• Pie 1

Grace and forgiveness. I’ll extend it to JR, although most who extend it to Mr Richardson, won’t extend it to others. 

RIP JR. Thank you for bringing football to the Carolina’s, and although you hurt those who looked like me, you also put many on who look like me, and helped make them success stories. You did wrong, but it sounds like you spent the rest of your life trying to do right. 

RIP and God bless you and yours. May your fam find comfort and understanding 

Edited by AggieLean