• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do we agree trading up to #3 with Cardinals is the best option for the team?

CamWhoaaCam

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

it would be 2 more firsts and we wasted the bulk of his rookie deal simply by not having a qb

True, but you could look at it the other way as well. We would still have a elite young pass rusher on the defense. That's the most important position on defense. Burns is easily our most important player on defense. Without him the defense would fall apart imo. Pass rush is a must.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

True, but you could look at it the other way as well. We would still have a elite young pass rusher on the defense. That's the most important position on defense. Burns is easily our most important player on defense. Without him the defense would fall apart imo. Pass rush is a must.

I would take horn over him all day every day.  Burns is a damn liability in the run game and he is set for a massive massive deal.  Trade him if it means getting the number 1 pick. 

5 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

Cause they have like 85 million next year 

My point was if you go and trade 3 first round picks to move up 6 spots, and the guy is a dud. Then how are you going to go and draft and develop another guy since the huddle hates FA QBs so much. You won’t have another option but to sign one, and I don’t think there will be a Derek Carr available next year.

8 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

My point was if you go and trade 3 first round picks to move up 6 spots, and the guy is a dud. Then how are you going to go and draft and develop another guy since the huddle hates FA QBs so much. You won’t have another option but to sign one, and I don’t think there will be a Derek Carr available next year.

Matt Corral

14 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

"Do we agree trading up to #3 with Cardinals is the best option for the team? "

Are you kidding me ??    Since when has there ever been a "WE ALL AGREE  "  on any message board.

AND NOOOOOOOOOO ..  I don't want to trade up.  Stay at 9 and draft responsibly .  LOOK AT ALL THE EARLY FIRST ROUND QB's  that just don't come close to making it.  I want a QB , but there are no generational QB's in this draft. Could any become Hall of Famers, YES, but too much draft capital would be spent guessing which one. 

So what is your plan to get better at the most important position in all of professional sports? 

14 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would take horn over him all day every day.  Burns is a damn liability in the run game and he is set for a massive massive deal.  Trade him if it means getting the number 1 pick. 

If the #1 pick is Anderson...then yeah.

This is the year to go all in. Free agent QBs almost never work out, Stafford being an exception but that rams team was loaded and built for a 1-2 year run. Reich got fired in Indy by going the retread route.

They’re kicking tires on Carr. If you’re going to make a splash and I think now is the time, you’ll have to go to 1 to get your guy. It’s risky but certainly no worse than hiring Matt Rhule and letting him spend 2.5 years looking for reclamation projects and generally running the franchise into the ground with his ego. We need a franchise QB period. 

Edited by BIGH2001

15 hours ago, PantherPhann89 said:

It depends on what QB our elite coaching staff has hooked their wagon to. If they've zeroed in on a QB, that tells me that, they believe, he's the best QB that fits their offensive scheme and philosophy. 

They better be sure because this elite staff wont be around long and we will be left to deal with the consequences.Hopefully Fitterer thinking beyond the obviously temporary Elite staff status.

I would say that Arizona is a minimum to get a QB.  If our coaches and FO people believe one of the top four QBs is the GUY - then move heaven and earth to get him.  Period.

I wouldn't be surprised if we moved up to 5 this week, and then moved up to 3 before the draft to ensure that we get who we want.  It's one thing to ask a team to drop a few spots, its another to ask them to drop 5 or 6 spots...

We need a long term answer at QB.  If we need to move heaven and earth to get there, fine by me.  If the FO and our "elite coaching staff" picks their guy - it's up to them to ensure that the young player is successful, or else we'll be back in the same place 2-3 years from now.