• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brinson basically calls "collusion," but essentially says it's nearly impossible to prove

top dawg

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

I mean Murray got an absurd contract. Daniel Jones - who was 17 games away from being cut, just got paid $40m a year ($82m guaranteed).

That's, sadly, just the market for QBs in the NFL now.

NFL franchises aren't colluding to keep Jackson's money down - they simply don't think he's worth it. 

I understand, that's what I'm saying.  Neither of those guys will ever win a SB.

Or maybe he’s an oft injured QB who has never come close to duplicating his MVP performance and wants a record breaking and risky (especially for an oft injured QB) contract. And on top of that a team has to give up 2 first round picks.

But collusion gets more clicks.

• Pie 2

Im so over these outrage articles that are written because someone the writer likes doesnt get what they want. What basis does this writer have that we havent even checked in on Lamars demands? I thought it was reported we had already looked into it. If I had as much money as Tepper, Id file for defamation after the companies accusing me of collusion and the ones that were calling me racist for not hiring Wilks.

I want Lamar myself, but understand if we dont pursue him. Everyone has just lost all sense of logic. Media gets mad when they are called out, always stating they only report truth. Bullshit. They cause illogical outrage and then act innocent. 

• Pie 3

So our options here are:

• Trade a team at least 2 first round picks and immediately shell out a $200 million to an MVP Caliber QB With a recent injury history
  • Trade a team at least 2 first round picks and draft a guy on a rookie deal for at least 4 years. 

We don't have the free floating money to shell out to Lamar. A rookie is a more affordable option, even if it doesn't completely pan out. 

Also, the fact that Jackson doesn't have an agent is probably another reason things aren't moving along in the slightest. These GMs and capologist's jobs are to find ways to save money and write legalese into a contract that laymen like myself and Jackson aren't properly equipped to navigate. 

• Pie 1

If it was just giving up two 1st rounders, teams would be fighting like hell to get him.

It's the fully guaranteed contract. Cleveland got desperate during the Watson sweepstakes and threw out an insane offer. We'll see if that ends up biting them in the ass, but after looking at the Russell Wilson contract, my guess is that it'll be a disaster for Cleveland too. 

Teams would be stupid to not learn from the mistakes of others and go a different route.

Edited by SurvivalSloth

Did anyone ever consider that maybe no other team wants to invest in him because they do not think his asking price is worth it? I mean his own team cannot work out a deal with him and his mom so why would they want to get in on that drama? If anyone thought he was worth his asking price they would be at least talking to him and his mom. I would not touch that situation with a 10 foot pole. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

So our options here are:

• Trade a team at least 2 first round picks and immediately shell out a $200 million to an MVP Caliber QB With a recent injury history
  • Trade a team at least 2 first round picks and draft a guy on a rookie deal for at least 4 years. 

We don't have the free floating money to shell out to Lamar. A rookie is a more affordable option, even if it doesn't completely pan out. 

Also, the fact that Jackson doesn't have an agent is probably another reason things aren't moving along in the slightest. These GMs and capologist's jobs are to find ways to save money and write legalese into a contract that laymen like myself and Jackson aren't properly equipped to navigate. 

Yeah looking at our cap this year, rookie has to be the way to go. We should have money cleared up over the next two years to sign better FAs to offset some of the picks we could lose. I’m leaning towards wanting the trade up to 3 and saving that 25 first and possibly 39 if all possibly. I’m thinking CMC picks, 9, plus 24 1st can get us to 3… 

• Pie 3

I think it’s a little of both.

You think they don’t want to prevent these guaranteed contracts from becoming a thing?  Some GM would lose his job if something happened injury wise 2 years into a 6 year contract.  Some owner wouldn’t be happy when no one is showing up to games because your team losing while hands are tied to a player who isn’t even playing due to injury.

Its business 

And let’s be real for a second

How many Panthers fans on here would be throwing a party if we signed CMC to a 5 years 100 mil fully guaranteed contract going into this past season after the previous 2 injury seasons.  Even though he had that 1k/1k season a few years prior.

Lamar is a great player.  Trading multiple 1sts, then paying him that much fully guaranteed isn’t smart.  Lamar Already turned Down a 6 year 250 mil 160 guaranteed contract.

• Beer 2

Let’s see….

2 1’s and 200 mil guaranteed for an MVP QB with injury hx =probably in the playoffs the next 5 years. 

2 1’s + more draft capital but on a rookie contract for a rookie QB that may be a bust with no playoff guarantee. 

I don’t like either option 

• Pie 1