• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnell Washington

Puresteel55

Just now, WUnderhill said:

I like Kincaid the best if we’re looking for a pass catcher. Washington is the best blocker.

We already have primarily blocking TEs on the roster. We need a pass catcher. I agree Kincaid is likely the best at it. Mayer and Laporta are good at both. I need to see more of Kraft. 

Imo people are greatly exaggerating the need for a tight end. Don't get me wrong we obviously need one, and an explosive pass catching one would be awesome to have. But there are what, five of those in the league? Plenty of teams just have bodies at tight end and still produce plenty. Every one is locking us into one at 39. If that is the best player on the board at that pick then obviously it's fine, but don't need to force it. This team just needs weapons in general. If there's a WR you like better at that slot it would be a fine pick also.

• Pie 9

You have to like Washington's size which makes him a huge target. I would have no problem taking him at 39. Learning to run downfield 10 yards and turning around to catch a ball isn't exactly hard to master. And let's be honest with his size and speed if he gets loose in the secondary he is gone. Then again I like some of the other guys as well.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

mo people are greatly exaggerating the need for a tight end. Don't get me wrong we obviously need one, and an explosive pass catching one would be awesome to have. But there are what, five of those in the league? Plenty of teams just have bodies at tight end and still produce plenty. Every one is locking us into one at 39. If that is the best player on the board at that pick then obviously it's fine, but don't need to force it. This team just needs weapons in general. If there's a WR you like better at that slot it would be a fine pick also.

You could have just said "maybe".

11 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Ask me after the draft.  

This.

Idk that I’d hate it. He’s one of the few prospects I’d actually like watching in workouts tho to get a better feel for his pass catching. He’s obviously huge, solid athlete and made some impressive catches. But his low productivity raises some questions and I don’t think you can blame it on the offense

This class is loaded with TE talent.  Kincaid has the look of a superstar IMO.  Mayer is a very solid player as well.  The class is full of good ones but those 2 stand out.  Washington is good but was massively overshadowed by Bowers who looks special on another level

12 minutes ago, MartyClemons said:

This.

Idk that I’d hate it. He’s one of the few prospects I’d actually like watching in workouts tho to get a better feel for his pass catching. He’s obviously huge, solid athlete and made some impressive catches. But his low productivity raises some questions and I don’t think you can blame it on the offense

His "lack of production" was because he primarily was used as a blocking TE and 2 other TEs on the team were used for receiving instead.  Still leaves a question mark. (Those other TEs will be beasts in the NFL when they come out).