• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs flyers 7pm

I already had tickets to the game tonight when a friend called and offered their seats as they are in Greensboro for the ACC tournament. So, we've invited friends to have our seats and we will be sitting right behind Freddie Andersen's right shoulder on the glass behind net for the first and third periods. Going to arrive early and do some tailgating and catch up with friends.

-------------------------------------------------------

Last Time Out: The Canes had an atypical start Tuesday night in Montreal, struggling through the first 40 minutes. They had to overcome an early 2-0 deficit and an early injury to starting netminder Antti Raanta, but a quality third period allowed them to force overtime. After no winner was found in the team's league-leading 19th OT of the season, Jesperi Kotkaniemi earned the shootout winner in the sixth round against his former team.

Stay Hot, KK: Although his game-deciding tally doesn't count toward the total, Jesperi Kotkaniemi now has 13 points in his last 13 games. Now with 30 points on the season, he has surpassed last year's total of 29 and sits just four points shy of matching his career-high.

300!: Kotkaniemi will also be playing in his 300th NHL game. After playing his first 171 with Montreal, Wednesday will be his 129th game in a Canes sweater.

Puljujarvi's Debut Day?: After his potential team debut Tuesday in Montreal was nixed by a hold-up in the process of obtaining his work visa, Jesse Puljujarvi could be in the lineup in front of a home crowd. Standing at 6'4", 201 lbs., the right-handed shot was acquired last week from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for unsigned prospect Patrik Puistola.

Get On Them Early: The Canes have scored first a league-leading 40 games this season. They're 32-4-4 when they score first, trailing only the Boston Bruins, who have 33 wins when scoring the game's opening tally.

From The Blue Line: Carolina's defensemen have produced a league-leading 42 goals through 62 games this season.

On The Other Side: Philadelphia comes to town 2-7-1 in their last 10 games. Over the last calendar month they've scored a total of just 24 goals in 12 games, the fewest goals-per-game average of any club in the NHL. The defensive side hasn't gone much better for the club, allowing 3.92 goals per contest. Only one team in the Eastern Conference (Buffalo) is giving up more.

• Pie 3

24 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Looks like no Pool Party, Chatfield, or Raanta. I kind of expected that after how well the fourth line played on Tuesday.

It’ll be Pyotr’s net, de Haan will likely draw in for Chatfield, and Coghlan will have his regular seat in the press box.

Not sure I'm liking this. His won-loss record notwithstanding, he's not been that good and he was terrible with the Canes before he went back to Chicago.

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Not sure I'm liking this. His won-loss record notwithstanding, he's not been that good and he was terrible with the Canes before he went back to Chicago.

Ditto. He’s been way too unpredictable in the past few weeks. Maybe the wolves and canes thought letting Rod get a bit of control over him could help. His game suffers and if he hasn’t fixed that 5 hole issue yet he’s not going to last long in this league.

Hes a good goalie but his weakness are easy to figure out. Svech should take him under his wing and get him level again. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

22 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Playing the Flyers gives us a chance to see with the addition of Ghost, are we still a typical 3 goal scoring team or a 4-5 goal team? If we can’t score 4-5+ goals on the Flyers we could lose with kochetkov in net. But then again he could play lights out and surprise us with his big chance.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

I already had tickets to the game tonight when a friend called and offered their seats as they are in Greensboro for the ACC tournament. So, we've invited friends to have our seats and we will be sitting right behind Freddie Andersen's right shoulder on the glass behind net for the first and third periods. Going to arrive early and do some tailgating and catch up with friends.

-------------------------------------------------------

Last Time Out: The Canes had an atypical start Tuesday night in Montreal, struggling through the first 40 minutes. They had to overcome an early 2-0 deficit and an early injury to starting netminder Antti Raanta, but a quality third period allowed them to force overtime. After no winner was found in the team's league-leading 19th OT of the season, Jesperi Kotkaniemi earned the shootout winner in the sixth round against his former team.

Stay Hot, KK: Although his game-deciding tally doesn't count toward the total, Jesperi Kotkaniemi now has 13 points in his last 13 games. Now with 30 points on the season, he has surpassed last year's total of 29 and sits just four points shy of matching his career-high.

300!: Kotkaniemi will also be playing in his 300th NHL game. After playing his first 171 with Montreal, Wednesday will be his 129th game in a Canes sweater.

Puljujarvi's Debut Day?: After his potential team debut Tuesday in Montreal was nixed by a hold-up in the process of obtaining his work visa, Jesse Puljujarvi could be in the lineup in front of a home crowd. Standing at 6'4", 201 lbs., the right-handed shot was acquired last week from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for unsigned prospect Patrik Puistola.

Get On Them Early: The Canes have scored first a league-leading 40 games this season. They're 32-4-4 when they score first, trailing only the Boston Bruins, who have 33 wins when scoring the game's opening tally.

From The Blue Line: Carolina's defensemen have produced a league-leading 42 goals through 62 games this season.

On The Other Side: Philadelphia comes to town 2-7-1 in their last 10 games. Over the last calendar month they've scored a total of just 24 goals in 12 games, the fewest goals-per-game average of any club in the NHL. The defensive side hasn't gone much better for the club, allowing 3.92 goals per contest. Only one team in the Eastern Conference (Buffalo) is giving up more.

110 is my section too!  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, panthers81 said:

I run a certain number of home games for our company. Our tickets are also in 110! Won't be there tonight but have several upcoming games. 

Hell yeah. Once my knee heals up and I can get back to my seats you will have to give a fist bump on the way down to yours. 

btw. Handicap 107 level seats aren’t bad 🍺🍺

• Pie 1