• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB breakdowns by Josh McCown

Martin

2 hours ago, Doyle said:

Can we get a recap for those that don't have the time to watch these?  Thanks!

McCown likes all three. They mostly show good plays, but did show some stuff he didn't like as much. They did wonder if Levis and Stroud can be more consistently mechanically sound instead of relying on arm strength alone as Levis seemed to do at times in college. I finished the Young video just a couple minutes ago and they didn't find as much wrong with his game as the other two. They called Young a point guard on a football field and loved how he would move the offense around and call out things at the line instead of just doing the fake clap a lot of college QBs do.

• Pie 5

15 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

McCown likes all three. They mostly show good plays, but did show some stuff he didn't like as much. They did wonder if Levis and Stroud can be more consistently mechanically sound instead of relying on arm strength alone as Levis seemed to do at times in college. I finished the Young video just a couple minutes ago and they didn't find as much wrong with his game as the other two. They called Young a point guard on a football field and loved how he would move the offense around and call out things at the line instead of just doing the fake clap a lot of college QBs do.

My interpretation was that he was very hesitant on Levis and had to dig a bit deeper to find positive thing. They even said they needed two games to be able to do a proper analysis. But maybe I misread the analysis.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Kentucky Panther said:

We’ve all bickered for months in this board but I think it’s clear. As a whole, we want Stroud first. 

I just fear the price. And he is not necessarily the next greatest thing...just maybe the safest bet of this draft. We will not be able to fill some other holes if we try to move up to 1.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I just fear the price. And he is not necessarily the next greatest thing...just maybe the safest bet of this draft. We will not be able to fill some other holes if we try to move up to 1.

I am absolutely burnt out from the recycled QBs we’ve had the last three seasons. And I like a lot of what I see from CJ. If our staff is all in then I definitely am as well. The picks won’t hurt as bad if we have a couple solid seasons. Which I think we are more than capable of having with this staff and roster. 

• Pie 1