• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB breakdowns by Josh McCown

Martin

51 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

That’s great and all but we are talking about NFL careers. I don’t care what they can do in the CFL, USFL, or arena football. NFL players are bigger stronger and faster. PJ Walker was a XFL star to give you an idea of how different the leagues are…

Thanks for the education...am so glad someone thought that I might not know these things. 

9 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Flutie had no choice. 

His NFL stats were still 15k yards and 92 TD's. 

My point, was and still is, a small frame can have a long career. 

gotcha. still thin threads backing the argument, but then i think it's kind of an overall thin argument against. i just don't know that it's worth the attention that has been given it. i asked before and i don't think anyone answered it...where is the line where it's no longer dangerous? where is the line for too small vs. just big enough and what makes it a line worth drawing?

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

gotcha. still thin threads backing the argument, but then i think it's kind of an overall thin argument against. i just don't know that it's worth the attention that has been given it. i asked before and i don't think anyone answered it...where is the line where it's no longer dangerous? where is the line for too small vs. just big enough and what makes it a line worth drawing?

You and I both know it has less to do with the size of the player, and more of how they play. When it comes to quarterbacks, I don't care how big they are, they won't survive behind a bad line. 

If you were to hold a gun to my head and ask me to choose,  I'd say whichever is going to have the greater career, and win the most championships. Which really means, I don't know, but I trust in our guys.  

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Why in your opinion are there not more qbs that are sub 6ft if a small frame doesnt matter?

Opportunity.   Plus the ones like Johnny Football were just great pieces of trash.  

I'm not arguing I'd prefer a smaller QB, but I think most of you whom are arguing about his size, are ignoring the talent and natural leader he is. Not all QBs are that way. In fact, most of the greats don't have protypical size. 

25 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Thanks for the education...am so glad someone thought that I might not know these things. 

I mean you are comparing CFL players to the NFL so yeah a lot of people are going to think you don’t know these things. Keep grasping for straws though. So far it’s only hurt your argument. 
Young has great traits but our HC has says his durability in relation to his size IS a concern. Will it prevent him from going 1? I don’t think so, but ignoring it because a CFL player made it work 30 plus years ago isn’t the best strategy…

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Opportunity.   Plus the ones like Johnny Football were just great pieces of trash.  

I'm not arguing I'd prefer a smaller QB, but I think most of you whom are arguing about his size, are ignoring the talent and natural leader he is. Not all QBs are that way. In fact, most of the greats don't have protypical size. 

He is a great leader and has tremendous talent. He is going early in the first (possibly 1) despite his size concerns. However his size IS concerning regardless.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean you are comparing CFL players to the NFL so yeah a lot of people are going to think you don’t know these things. Keep grasping for straws though. So far it’s only hurt your argument. 
Young has great traits but our HC has says his durability in relation to his size IS a concern. Will it prevent him from going 1? I don’t think so, but ignoring it because a CFL player made it work 30 plus years ago isn’t the best strategy…

Flutie played in the NFL also. So whom doesn't know what he's talking about?

Fact is, Flutie had a very LONG career as a pro QB. Winning multiple championships in Canada, before finally given an opportunity in the NFL. 

Spi. That how you want,  he was 5'10, 180lbs, and had a long healthy pro career. 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He is a great leader and has tremendous talent. He is going early in the first (possibly 1) despite his size concerns. However his size IS concerning regardless.

Agreed, but I'll also add the health of any QB is a concern. How many bigger guys did we start last season alone, due to injury? Health will always be a concern. 

Just now, pantherclaw said:

Agreed, but I'll also add the health of any QB is a concern. How many bigger guys did we start last season alone, due to injury? Health will always be a concern. 

Talk to Reich about it. He said durability was a concern with his size. 

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Flutie played in the NFL also. So whom doesn't know what he's talking about?

Fact is, Flutie had a very LONG career as a pro QB. Winning multiple championships in Canada, before finally given an opportunity in the NFL. 

Spi. That how you want,  he was 5'10, 180lbs, and had a long healthy pro career. 

Why did Flutie go the CFL? If he was so great wouldn’t a NFL team want him? The Flutie thing is going to be a tough one to sell.. Stick with Brees (who I know is bigger, but still).