• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lombardi: Panthers trying to trade Corral. Can be had for a "ham sandwich"

SuperBowlBound

Lombardi is plugged in around the league. His son was on staff last year but isn't no longer. Take what he said (along with anybody else) with a grain of salt this time of year. 

Thought I'd share though. The thing that's really bothersome about the Corral pick is the Panthers gave up a future 3rd to get him. If he's the guy, no big whoop. But a top 90 pick is a premium pick. Was that Rhule? Seems like it - Fitterer & the FO better start hitting on some picks.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hes hurt, Reich didnt draft him, Reich normally doesnt carry 3 qbs and we signed Eason (a reich pick) as a project.

I dont want to trade corral either but brother if people cannot see his ass is on the chopping block then thats on them.

Oh yeah, I've been saying that Corral is no lol to make the roster. If it's true we're shopping him for anything then we've basically already determined he's just simply not a part of our plans.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh yeah, I've been saying that Corral is no lol to make the roster. If it's true we're shopping him for anything then we've basically already determined he's just simply not a part of our plans.

The odds of a 3rd developmental project qb to ever take meaningful snaps for this franchise was astronomical from the jump.  Now after a new staff and major injury I would say the odds are pretty nonexistent.  I tried to tell those corral nut huggers that swore he would get a fair chance that they were insane.  If/when we draft a top 10 qb every resource, every rep and every bit of time is immediately going into their development

I had this itch a few weeks back and got some eye brows.  Probs get a 5th or something.  

edit:

Ah! Here was the wishful prediction:

QB

CJ Stroud (R1) OSU

Mike White (FA)

Jacob Eason

*Corral traded, future 4th-ish (Sorry folks 😕)

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, SuperBowlBound said:

Lombardi is plugged in around the league. His son was on staff last year but isn't no longer. Take what he said (along with anybody else) with a grain of salt this time of year. 

Thought I'd share though. The thing that's really bothersome about the Corral pick is the Panthers gave up a future 3rd to get him. If he's the guy, no big whoop. But a top 90 pick is a premium pick. Was that Rhule? Seems like it - Fitterer & the FO better start hitting on some picks.

Thanks for sharing 

enjoyed the bit about brown not informing Stefanski about their coaching changes 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Are we still blaming everything on Matt Rhule and giving Scott Fitterer a free pass?

I'm certainly in the camp that Rhule had most of the say but I'm not absolving Fitterer of anything. Frankly, the drafts have stunk. That's on everybody in the offices on Mint St.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2