• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We’re trading for #1 pick !!!

Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I feel like the trade should've been good enough with just the picks.  Not thrilled about the cost, but excited to see what we do at #1.  And I'll miss DJ.  I hope he flourishes with Fields.

And yet, I also feel like I'm surprised we only gave up two firsts if that makes any sense.

I would have told them to get fuged when they asked for Moore. Instead, they gave up Moore for Will Levis, Richardson or Kyler Murray.

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

What was given up for Darnold?

The Darnold price tag was because Rhule was a fuging idiot. You can't go into negotiations desperate and he had already played his hand with T2G. We got taken because the Jets knew we were going to have to pay for someone because we had no one. 

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'd always rather give up picks than players. You gave up a sure thing for a lottery ticket. That's a colossal L.

If we traded DJ Moore, do you think we'd have been offered a first rounder?  I do not.  Maybe a second or third.  

I have been reading your posts, and you represent the other side of the coin that we will be tossing--you are not wrong, but you are not right either--we shall see. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, 1989 said:

And pay him 2 billion dollars.

2 hours ago, Greatman77 said:

So last year we trade our best RB, this year we trade our best receiver. We better get this pick right or this is going to be a long season.

Lamar is too expensive, wants a full guarantee, and is a twist of the knee or butt hurt away from being a worse contract then Russel Wilson.

Trading DJ hurts, but if we cut Shaq, Efflin, STO, and Gonzalez we will have 43M of cap space this year.  We could roll with DJ Shark, Paris Campbell, TMJ, and Shi at WR and still have cash to fill out the roster with mid range vets. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Seltzer said:

Absolutely not.  Finding a replacement for Moore is light years easier than finding a top 10 edge rusher.

Losing DJ hurts, but other than that, the compensation for this trade was nothing

Not apples to apples and this year’s draft is deepest at edge rusher and there have been a lot of 9+ sack FAs the past couple years. We let one go. Replacing Burns with $30M on cap space a year wouldn’t be impossible.

Also, on the apples, DJ was basically a thrown in. We traded 2 1sts, 2 2nds and DJ. For the Rams picks, we basically would have trade 1 1st and Burns.

Personally, I’d rather have 2 2nds, 1 1st, DJ and $10M a year than Burns.

image.png.b885c159683b54b7b7927a3207990988.png

This is intriguing....surely speculation, but what if. Get a little bit back from HOU to make sure they get "there guy" while we still get ours. 

No guarantee that HOU doesn't just take who they want, but if they REALLY want Young and we bluff it enough, they could take the bait.