• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We’re trading for #1 pick !!!

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Bears MB saying that we were trying to offer 3 1sts but they wanted Moore. Not sure how much of that is true. 

Given the source alone I'd probably call bullsh-t, but that story doesn't make a lot of sense.

Edited by Mr. Scot

7 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I feel like the trade should've been good enough with just the picks.  Not thrilled about the cost, but excited to see what we do at #1.  And I'll miss DJ.  I hope he flourishes with Fields.

And yet, I also feel like I'm surprised we only gave up two firsts if that makes any sense.

Technically only one first since this year's is a swap.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

10 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Damn Bears give up 1 top pick and get a superstar WR, another top pick next year and more picks 

Superstar? What the?? Never once has a DC ever been worried about gam planning against DJ. He’s good but dude never took over or was a true difference maker. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Look, I’m not gonna act like an armchair expert, been lurking here forever and love this board.  All I know is we have an experienced staff that is looking to create a new culture and get the Panthers back to being relevant on Sundays. 
Could be the worst trade ever, could be franchise positive for years to come. Honestly just stoked to see where it goes. I think DJ is gonna do great things in Chicago, hate seeing him go, but we had to do something to fix the QB situation.  Good or bad, no matter what your stance is on what we gave up, you gotta admit it’s great to control the narrative at this point. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, WarmThunder said:

Look, I’m not gonna act like an armchair expert, been lurking here forever and love this board.  All I know is we have an experienced staff that is looking to create a new culture and get the Panthers back to being relevant on Sundays. 
Could be the worst trade ever, could be franchise positive for years to come. Honestly just stoked to see where it goes. I think DJ is gonna do great things in Chicago, hate seeing him go, but we had to do something to fix the QB situation.  Good or bad, no matter what your stance is on what we gave up, you gotta admit it’s great to control the narrative at this point. 

No...its a bad trade and not  spinnable to trick our sensibilities.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Brugler mentioned Reich liking him.

(really liking him, in fact)

My view hasn't changed. I'm good with whoever we decide on because I trust the guys making the decision.

I agree as long as it’s someone from the staff, if they like Levis then I’m on board though I do prefer Stroud. But I don’t want the team selecting players because our owner wants to play real life Madden.

We have a great staff and I trust them to get us back to where we need to be as long as Tepper lets them do their job.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

Superstar? What the?? Never once has a DC ever been worried about gam planning against DJ. He’s good but dude never took over or was a true difference maker. 

100%. He was good but nothing like a steve Smith or some true game changer. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1