• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... Common Sense Says We're Drafting Stroud... Right????

tukafan21

I don’t know why people think we are going to take AR #1. Remember last year people, including the media was hyping Willis as the top qb in the draft…. He ended up going in the 3rd round. We are going for Young Or Stroud. I would think we would go for young. If young was  just a few inches taller then he would be hyped as one of the best qb prospects of all time. You really think being a little short is going to make that big of a difference? No, it didn’t affect Brees, Wilson or Murray. Todays NFL protects the QB enough to not to worry about his size.

15 minutes ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

Saints fans seem to think we will go after AR or Young. We already know Stroud will be our guy at QB and after draft we need to build around him in FA.

Gonna be interesting what comes out of pro day for all 4. 
I predict a lot of fluff articles saying how impressed we are with every one. 

21 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Stroud is definitely a better pure passer than Young, only advantage Young has over Stroud is scrambling and running around in the backfield. He’s still really good but Stroud is an incredible passer

Bingo!! You summed it up rather nicely.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I don’t know why people think we are going to take AR #1. Remember last year people, including the media was hyping Willis as the top qb in the draft…. He ended up going in the 3rd round. We are going for Young Or Stroud. I would think we would go for young. If young was  just a few inches taller then he would be hyped as one of the best qb prospects of all time. You really think being a little short is going to make that big of a difference? No, it didn’t affect Brees, Wilson or Murray. Todays NFL protects the QB enough to not to worry about his size.

His height isn't as big of a problem as his weight/build.

The kid is a twig, he's not going to hold up in the NFL, particularly as the defensive players just keep getting bigger and faster, guy will be broken before his second contract.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

I'm confused on how this helps the Panthers. Yes we get the #1 pick,  we will draft a new QB. But who is the QB going to throw too? McCaffrey is gone and traded Williams, oline is ok. Only good players left is RB Foreman and WR Marshall. Looks like the Jets/Zach Wilson scenario. I'm confused on how this helps the Panthers. Yes they get #1 pick, presumably they will draft a new QB. But who is the QB going to throw too? McCaffrey is gone and traded Williams, oline is not good. Only good players left is RB Foreman and WR Marshall. Looks like the Jets/Zach Wilson scenario 

Edited by jasonluckydog