• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Place your bets here!!! Who will it be?

Matthias

Place your bets here!!! Who will it be?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next franchise QB?

Just now, top dawg said:

I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I don't know the sources, but what I will say is that I listened to a fair amount of analysis tonight (including Schefter, Jones, Eisen, and a host of others, and literally nobody mentioned Levis or AR. 

Person, Kaye, Williams and others have all echoed Levis as possibility, with many noting that Tepper has been a fan of his since last season.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Person, Kaye, Williams and others have all echoed Levis as possibility, with many noting that Tepper has been a fan of his since last season.

Don't believe the hype. 

Mentally, I've put that to bed. We did not move to one to take Levis. Young and Stroud are simply superior QBs. At the Combine, Reich mentioned leaderership, the ability to process, and throwing the ball accurately. No way Levis makes the cut.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I wouldn't bet the farm on it. I don't know the sources, but what I will say is that I listened to a fair amount of analysis tonight (including Schefter, Jones, Eisen, Miller and a host of others, and literally nobody mentioned Levis or AR as being legit options for us.

Indeed sir. There is literally zero consideration for AR top 10. Personally I don't think either he or Levis go in the 1st. Short memories forget that plenty of people not employed by an NFL team thought guys like Corral and Willis would go in the 1st last year. 

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Don't believe the hype. 

Mentally, I've put that to bed. We did not move to one to take Levis. Young and Stroud are simply superior QBs. At the Combine, Reich mentioned leaderership, the ability to process, and throwing the ball accurately. No way Levis makes the cut.

You also had us willing to trade for Jackson.

Yeah I know...human nature and all that, but I still prefer inside sources.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You also had us willing to trade for Jackson.

Yeah I know...human nature and all that, but I still prefer inside sources.

When did I ever say that we'd actually trade for Jackson? I'll wait. 

See that's the thing with you, you obviously don't like discussing options or giving counter points. 

If you're going to attribute something to me, at least try to get it right as opposed to just saying stuff that's untrue.

Let me give you this for future reference though: we did not trade up to draft Levis. There. Now you actually have something I did say without compunction that you can refer to. You don't have to make that up to try and clown.

Edited by top dawg

6 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Also, Scot, I'd say that Adam Schefter is a pretty good inside source...better than yours.

Sources that cover a single team tend to be more reliable than those that cover the entire league. Even so, there have been national sources that also say we're in on Levis (Breer and Rapoport have both mentioned him if I remember correctly).

But I'd point to this from Joe Person (same article as before)

Young  is a special player in his own right. He’s also short — 5 inches shorter than the 6-foot-3 Stroud. That could matter

As one personnel official for another team said, “Tepper doesn’t strike me as a non-traits guy.”

Again, multiple inside sources have more than once confirmed that the Panthers (and Tepper in particular) like Will Levis. One also confirmed that the Panthers were good trading to first or second overall, which would mean they're comfortable with more than one player.

We already know the second isn't Richardson. Anr if, as the above source suggests, It's probably not Bryce Young, then who's left? 🤔

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sources that cover a single team tend to be more reliable than those that cover the entire league. Even so, there have been national sources that also say we're in on Levis (Breer and Rapoport have both mentioned him if I remember correctly).

But I'd point to this from Joe Person (same article as before)

Young  is a special player in his own right. He’s also short — 5 inches shorter than the 6-foot-3 Stroud. That could matter

As one personnel official for another team said, “Tepper doesn’t strike me as a non-traits guy.”

Again, multiple inside sources have more than once confirmed that the Panthers (and Tepper in particular) like Will Levis. One also confirmed that the Panthers were good trading to first or second overall, which would mean they're comfortable with more than one player.

We already know the second isn't Richardson. Anr if, as the above source suggests, It's probably not Bryce Young, then who's left? 🤔

Keep in mind that it's one thing to say something when a team is at nine, and it's entirely another thing to say something when a team is at one.

Granted, Rappaport said that we could get any QB we want in this vid, but he expressly mentioned Young and Stroud in this vid. It's not because he said that he had any kind of info like Schefter did, it's likely because deep down in his heart that he knows that they're really the only legitimate options.

I mean, sure, someone may have said something in the past, but don't confuse opinion with inside info, and don't confuse things said within the context of nine with things said within the context of one. People have said a lot about Tepper and it seems to me that a whole lot of it has been wrong. In any event, I doubt that this comes down to who Tepper likes (if the past is an indication), and you already know who Reich likes---hell, it wasn't too long ago that you were saying that he only mentioned Carr and Bryce Young during his initial presser at the Combine. Well, there are reports of him (and McCown among others) being pretty much enthralled with Stroud as well last week.

Also, a few national sources are pretty much spot-on (Schefter being one of them, as well as Rappaport).

Edited by top dawg

16 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Levis is the "49ers traded up to get Mac Jones" saga all over again

The quickest way to hemorrhage fans would be to trade up to a top 2 pick for the 5th best qb in the draft, and give a No. 1 overall right back to Chicago   If they all sign off on Levis, this franchise is dead. 

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

The quickest way to hemorrhage fans would be to trade up to a top 2 pick for the 5th best qb in the draft, and give a No. 1 overall right back to Chicago   If they all sign off on Levis, this franchise is dead. 

Panthers are dumb but they aren't THAT dumb.

Take out a mortgage on a Stroud to Carolina bet. He's the exact type of QB Reich loves.

• Pie 1