• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Place your bets here!!! Who will it be?

Matthias

Place your bets here!!! Who will it be?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next franchise QB?

1 minute ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Panthers are dumb but they aren't THAT dumb.

Take out a mortgage on a Stroud to Carolina bet. He's the exact type of QB Reich loves.

My comfort level with them not being THAT dumb is about zero. It’s just like Tepper to go off the reservation and get the Rhule-type swing for the fences that guarantees headlines. 

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Keep in mind that it's one thing to say something when a team is at nine, and it's entirely another thing to say something when a team is at one.

Granted, Rappaport said that we could get any QB we want in this vid, but he expressly mentioned Young and Stroud in this vid. It's not because he said that he had any kind of info like Schefter did, it's likely because deep down in his heart that he knows that they're really the only legitimate options.

I mean, sure, someone may have said something in the past, but don't confuse opinion with inside info, and don't confuse things said within the context of nine with things said within the context of one. People have said a lot about Tepper and it seems to me that a whole lot of it has been wrong. In any event, I doubt that this comes down to who Tepper likes (if the past is an indication), and you already know who Reich likes---hell, it wasn't too long ago that you were saying that he only mentioned Carr and Bryce Young during his initial presser at the Combine. Well, there are reports of him (and McCown among others) being pretty much enthralled with Stroud as well last week.

FYI: Since you mentioned Schefter as a guy in your trusted, you might want to recheck the other thread.

The video of his statements tells a little different story.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: Since you mentioned Schefter as a guy in your trusted, you might want to recheck the other thread.

So in your eyes, there’s a great chance the front office gave up a boatload of picks and its best player for someone likely available where they originally were. It’s demonstrably stupid, but well within all likelihood. 

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

So in your eyes, there’s a great chance the front office gave up a boatload of picks and its best player for someone likely available where they originally were. It’s demonstrably stupid, but well within all likelihood. 

Yeah...if the quotrf post were a reading comprehension test, you'd have failed spectacularly 😄

Edited by Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

OK, so he heard some things and gave his opinion, much like the "sources" you referred to. 

One thing you didn't mention is that he feels that it's between Bryce Young and C.J. Stroud (as does Damien Woody). Listen to the whole thing.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

OK, so he heard some things and gave his opinion, much like the "sources" you referred to. 

One thing you didn't mention is that he feels that it's between Bryce Young and C.J. Stroud (as does Damien Woody). Listen to the whole thing.

Already did.

It's definitely possible. Brugler has us taking Stroud but doesn't see Young as likely due to Reich's concern about his size. He also mentions that Reich "really likes" Will Levis since having met him at the Combine.

I expect we'll get lots of different predictions between now and Draft Day, partially because those decisions most likely aren't made yet... nor should they be.

They have time to fully explore their options, and I believe they will.

Just now, top dawg said:

This must be something new. Us mortals can't get away Scot free with the insults lest we get warning points. We have to play nice.

I thought our galaxy-brained, condescending elder statesman and his superior intellect was far above casting insults down upon such peons as those who don’t think exactly as he does. Better add a random emoji at the end to properly punctuate it 🤭

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

CJ had one game where he put it all together, pass and run, but Young has been doing it every game.

I can't lie, if you watch one of their highlights, whomever you watch last, you like the best. IMO

Young is the point guard, ( that guy is a magician in the pocket, he creates plays out of nowhere) 

CJ might need a kicker to win it all, and well...(he takes a lot sacks for negative yards)

Love them both, but Young gets the edge 

....I can tell you who won't be our franchise QB...Levis...lol

• Pie 1