• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's fuggin goooooooo!!!

Zod

18 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Durant plays a non-contact sport.

Just because they don't tackle in basketball doesn't mean there's no contact. Players run into each other and swipe with elbows all the time. There's plenty of contact in basketball. That's not the point though. The point is does being 6'10" make someone a better QB than someone 6' or less? Your argument is that height matters or trumps all, so does being tall make someone a better QB than someone that plays the position at an extremely high level that just happens to be 6' or less?

4 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Just because they don't tackle in basketball doesn't mean there's no contact. Players run into each other and swipe with elbows all the time. There's plenty of contact in basketball. That's not the point though. The point is does being 6'10" make someone a better QB than someone 6' or less? Your argument is that height matters or trumps all, so does being tall make someone a better QB than someone that plays the position at an extremely high level that just happens to be 6' or less?

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt - apologies.

My argument is that his height will limit his ability to see the middle of the field and his weight (especially his small frame) means he's an extreme risk to get injured as most players in the front 7 outweigh him by 50lbs. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

What do you mean we don't have the assets?? We have 6 draft picks in each of the next 3 drafts and cap money starting next year!

We have SIX PICKS?!? The Chiefs played 9 rookies in the Super Bowl. 6 picks isn't enough to fill the holes that we have.

Personally, I think the offense we ran with Wilkes last year would be ideal to break Stroud in to the NFL. Power run game with 35 carries a game, throw 20 to 25 times a game, take pressure off of our horrid receiving Corp and rookie QB.

Odds are we have to trade up to get the WR or TE we want as well so we probably won't have all 6 picks. We also know that we now have to go out and get a receiver in the draft.

12 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Hell yeah so we'll have our QB to go with finally having a decent OL. Defense is in good enough shape. Just have to hit on our draft picks and we can compete

Our offensive line was bottom 10 in pass block win rate last year.

If that's decent, I've got beachfront property in Death Valley to sell you. We have holes, every where. Literally every where. The defense may be decent with quality guys at all three levels (Burns, Luvu, Horn) but what about the gaps between there in a 3-4?

Our best receiver is Terrace Marshall. Our tight ends are garbage. We have Hubbard and Blackshear under contract right now.

I tried telling y'all that Year 1 of Reich was going to be hard to watch but, it's going to be bad. It's also only going to give the Chicago Bears, a conference rival, another Top 10 draft pick to go along with a 1st they will already have in 2024. They already have their franchise QB, they now have a real number one receiver, they have Montgomery at running back. 

I have a few issues though least of which will be our inability to build the talent base of the team while helping a conference rival do the opposite. We should've traded down, nabbed Torrance, Darnell Washington, Zach Charbonnet, kept Moore, and maybe traded a defensive guy to get picks to make a package for Drake Maye or Caleb Williams in 2024. 

Our talent base would've been much better, we'd have more cap space, we wouldn't have to give up picks we didn't have, and we'd get a transcendent talent. 

I think Stroud has the potential to be like Mahomes but Andy Reid had built a monster of an offensive scheme and personnel before Mahomes got there.

Young is soft. He doesn’t weigh enough to last in the NFL. He’ll end up like Pat White. He’s the only one of the big four that didn’t partake at the combine. Why? Because he put on a bunch of water weight to weigh more but he knew he’d look bad in drills like that. 

I don’t care that he’s short. I don’t think he’ll take NFL hits. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

True/False this is the craziest move in franchise history

This may be one of, if not the best, move in franchise history.

The only QB's on the Panthers roster at the moment are Matt Corral and Jacob Eason.

With some degree of certainty about being able to draft one now, the Panthers can view the free agents differently.

QB's available next week in free agency include Jimmy Garoppolo, Sam Darnold, Jacoby Brissett, and others.

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

So? Height doesn't really matter when it comes to durability. This is Kevin Durant. He's 6'10". Would his height help him hold up in the NFL? He's averaging 5.3 assists a game this season which is just as good or better than some point guards, so he can pass. Would his height help him be a better QB in the NFL??

durant.jpg?w=1024&h=576

The answers are no. These height arguments are silly. If a guy can play the game well he can play in the NFL regardless of height.

Lol. With height comes an extra couple pounds, which helps vs flying 300lb bears.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Varking said:

Young is soft. He doesn’t weigh enough to last in the NFL. He’ll end up like Pat White. He’s the only one of the big four that didn’t partake at the combine. Why? Because he put on a bunch of water weight to weigh more but he knew he’d look bad in drills like that. 

I don’t care that he’s short. I don’t think he’ll take NFL hits. 

You share my exact concerns pertaining to Young and how durable he will be.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

That's why he will drop. He can't overcome the physical liability he presents to team pinning their hopes and multiple millions on an undersized QB.

If I am a G.M. and in position to draft Young, I would trade down a few positions and pick up more draft selections if I thought Stroud, Levi or Robinson would be available, depending on which one I liked best, when my team would be on the draft clock.

8 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Not necessarily. Person A can be 6ft and weighs 200lbs while person B is 5'7" and weighs 220lb. Mass is not dependent on height.

Usually they go together, Young would need to be about 220lbs at his height to hold up. It a serious concern in the NFL, the NBA he'd still be undersized but the obvious danger wouldn't as grave.