• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Confused Why Some Seem to Think We Got Fleeced

Daddy_Uncle

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

Lol awesome. So what would you have done? 

Soon as they say “give us Moore,” I’d tell them to get fuged. I’d offer another first before him. Would you rather have a boat, or a mystery box that could be something as good as a boat? You take the sure thing. 

This franchise is obsessed with the mystery box. But I don’t hate trading picks for Stroud.

I dislike trading up for Young, and believe the entire front office and coaching staff should be tarred and feathered if they did all that poo so Trader Dumbass could just spend more time on his phone getting fleeced and landing Tim Couch’s illegitimate son. 

This concern is further exacerbated by the fact that Reich likes Jacob Eason, who compares to Levis. If he likes Levis like that, he’s no better than Rhule. 

3 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I suspect the reason we didn't have to pay through the nose to move up is twofold:

1. Chicago was in the unusual position of having the first pick while having recently drafted a qb prospect they still have some confidence in.

2. The league wide consensus view is none of the QB prospects in this draft project as perennial pro bowlers. There's just not the excitement over them as a group or any one of them as an individual that creates a bidding war for that top pick.

I think they had a ton of $$ to spend in free agency, and they wanted a veteran player now (on a good contract).  Further, they wanted this done before free agency, for that same reason.  If I were a Bear's fan, I would applaud the move, but I would not claim to have fleeced anyone.  As a Panther fan, I am stoked.

1 minute ago, tecc86 said:

Teams have proven you don't need a #1 receiver to win a superbowl

You do need a game changing franchise quarterback though.

I agree with this idea in the sense that this weird notion of "true number one WR" doesn't seem to correlate very strongly at all with deep playoff success, wheras qb play correlation is so obvious even Jerome Boger couldn't get it wrong.

Okay it's Boger, he'd probably still find a way to screw it up despite all evidence to the contrary, but you get my point.

Just now, MHS831 said:

I think they had a ton of $$ to spend in free agency, and they wanted a veteran player now (on a good contract).  Further, they wanted this done before free agency, for that same reason.  If I were a Bear's fan, I would applaud the move, but I would not claim to have fleeced anyone.  As a Panther fan, I am stoked.

If I were a Bears fan, I’d buy a bunch of Panthers gear as a thank-you for jump-starting my SB hopes. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Soon as they say “give us Moore,” I’d tell them to get fuged. I’d offer another first before him. Would you rather have a boat, or a mystery box that could be something as good as a boat? You take the sure thing. 

This franchise is obsessed with the mystery box. But I don’t hate trading picks for Stroud.

I dislike trading up for Young, and believe the entire front office and coaching staff should be tarred and feathered if they did all that poo so Trader Dumbass could just spend more time on his phone getting fleeced and landing Tim Couch’s illegitimate son. 

This concern is further exacerbated by the fact that Reich likes Jacob Eason, who compares to Levis. If he likes Levis like that, he’s no better than Rhule. 

All you do is complain and talk Sh*t but you never answer the question. Get your head out of the sand and answer the question. What would you do to get us out of the Hell we have been in since Cam left us? How would YOU fix this franchise since you are in another level mentally than our entire coaching staff. I want to hear your plan that would be so much better than this “franchise crippling” move we just made.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Yeah, honestly I just hate giving up that much draft capital no matter what, but i'll admit, it's not nearly as bad as it could have been, and if the pick pans out, it'll be completely worth it. Cautious optimism might be a bridge too far to describe my reaction, but i'm at least hopeful, and the quality of the assembled coaching staff bolsters that hope to make good on this move.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

All you do is complain and talk Sh*t but you never answer the question. Get your head out of the sand and answer the question. What would you do to get us out of the Hell we have been in since Cam left us? How would YOU fix this franchise since you are in another level mentally than our entire coaching staff. I want to hear your plan that would be so much better than this “franchise crippling” move we just made.

You just asked me what I’d do and I answered you. 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

If I were a Bears fan, I’d buy a bunch of Panthers gear as a thank-you for jump-starting my SB hopes. 

Read my other thread--when you consider the value of picks in future years, we came out on top.  They may have got what they want, but the Panthers need a QB, and they will get their pick.  Whether or not that pick works out is an opinion for now, but this trade has the potential to impact the Panthers more than the Bears--a QB is that important.

Just now, MHS831 said:

Read my other thread--when you consider the value of picks in future years, we came out on top.  They may have got what they want, but the Panthers need a QB, and they will get their pick.  Whether or not that pick works out is an opinion for now, but this trade has the potential to impact the Panthers more than the Bears--a QB is that important.

Value-wise it’s a toss-up leaning toward Chicago in my opinion. Picking the right QB means it’s a win. Otherwise, the point values fall behind the quality of the selection. 

Looking over the picks we still have for this year and next year....I am not at all concerned with the trade.  DJ stings, even though he wasn't an ALL world WR like Smith was, he is still a pretty damn good WR and one of the top in the league.  He just never really had that little extra "spice" that Smith had to take over games as one of the elite.  

Still, I think getting a QB is WAY more important than anything mentioned above....so I am completely fine with this trade as long as the QB situation is taken care of.  SO tired of how its been since Cam has been gone.  

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

Value-wise it’s a toss-up leaning toward Chicago in my opinion. Picking the right QB means it’s a win. Otherwise, the point values fall behind the quality of the selection. 

Of course.  The numbers are meaningless when the players hit the field.  I am holding my breath, but that is better than holding my nose, which is what I have done for 5 years.