• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Confused Why Some Seem to Think We Got Fleeced

Daddy_Uncle

49 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I’m ok with the actual trade, just disappointed we didn’t trade Burns in anticipation because the Rams picks would be perfect to have now.

We’d have pick 36 and 39, a good 1st in 2024, our 2nd in 2024 and two 1sts in 2025. That’s a good set of picks to get weapons around a rookie plus we’d have a big chunk of yearly cap space from Moore and Burns to spend on several D positions. 36 and 39 would get you a top TE and WR from this class just to start.

Yeah, I mean there isn't much we can do about that trade now. It just is what it is.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I really don't care if it's a fleece or not. If we hit on the QB, we win.

The thing to keep in mind is that while your statement is true, any QB will not be stepping into an offense dripping with talent and needing only himself as the last piece. A quality O-line appears to be in place, but offensive weapons are hard to point to, thus how much we gave up in trade matters in whether we hit on the qb or not, becuase that qb's long term success will depend to some degree on surrounding him with talent, and the more you give up in trade, the fewer assets you have to do that with.

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

You just asked me what I’d do and I answered you. 

That wasn’t a plan. The only thing you said was that you would tell them no to Moore. As a GM you are without a franchise QB. Without a franchise QB you stand no chance of having long term success (as we have all been able to see with life after Cam). 

Again I ask before this trade occurred, what would your plan be to fox our team if you were GM

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

The thing to keep in mind is that while your statement is true, any QB will not be stepping into an offense dripping with talent and needing only himself as the last piece. A quality O-line appears to be in place, but offensive weapons are hard to point to, thus how much we gave up in trade matters in whether we hit on the qb or not, becuase that qb's long term success will depend to some degree on surrounding him with talent, and the more you give up in trade, the fewer assets you have to do that with.

Draft and free agency still to come...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

That wasn’t a plan. The only thing you said was that you would tell them no to Moore. As a GM you are without a franchise QB. Without a franchise QB you stand no chance of having long term success (as we have all been able to see with life after Cam). 

Again I ask before this trade occurred, what would your plan be to fox our team if you were GM

Again I answered it, I said I had no issue with trading picks for Stroud. Can you read? I literally said exactly that. If I have no issue with doing it, it means I'd do it.

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Again I answered it, I said I had no issue with trading picks for Stroud. Can you read? I literally said exactly that. If I have no issue with doing it, it means I'd do it.

So you think we made a franchise crippling move by trading DJ Moore instead of a 2025 first round pick? That is what was so horrible about the move according to you?

• Poo 1

Just now, WarPanthers89 said:

So you think we made a franchise crippling move by trading DJ Moore instead of a 2025 first round pick? That is what was so horrible about the move according to you?

Trading Moore and picking the wrong guy, then giving the wrong guy fry cooks as WRs, thereby making the 2024 first-round pick top 3 or better? Yeah, that's crippling, my guy.

• Poo 1

We traded a young, prolific wide receiver and with a proven track record and a first to move up 8 spots in a mediocre draft. We got absolutely fleeced. We have no weapons on offense at this point, we arguably don’t even have a WR3. You are not going to find a DJ Moore quality receiver in free agency or in our draft spots.

This the sort of move desperate franchises make, and it almost never pans out. It’s pretty typical of Tepper and yet another reason why I continue to lose interest in this franchise. With our luck we’ll pick Levi’s and end up sending the bears a top-three draft pick on top of top ten.

Edited by TN05

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

So if you have no problem trading picks for Stroud, then why have you been spamming every thread complaining about the move? Do you really believe that DJ is going to be the key move that delivers a Super Bowl to Chicago?