• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WHO ARE WE PICKING AT # 1

OceanPanther

From what I'm reading  here.. most of us think we are going to pick C J Stroud at QB ..  great .

But what if we don't ,,  what if the Panther brain trust picks,  Bryce Young, or Levis, or Richardson .. 

Will you have a melt down ??    We don't want a Trey Lance ..  

We all have been reading that Anthony Richardson has MOVED UP THE DRAFT BOARD,, MAYBE EVEN, NUMBER 1  OVERALL..  I was shaking my head, but what do I know versus our coaches and general manager ..   They make all the Cam comparisons , but they leave out how Cam senior year, he  was a winner in college.  Richardson at a major college, Florida , wasn't a winner there.

I still vote for C J Stroud 

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

From what I'm reading  here.. most of us think we are going to pick C J Stroud at QB ..  great .

But what if we don't ,,  what if the Panther brain trust picks,  Bryce Young, or Levis, or Richardson .. 

Will you have a melt down ??    We don't want a Trey Lance ..  

We all have been reading that Anthony Richardson has MOVED UP THE DRAFT BOARD,, MAYBE EVEN, NUMBER 1  OVERALL..  I was shaking my head, but what do I know versus our coaches and general manager ..   They make all the Cam comparisons , but they leave out how Cam senior year, he  was a winner in college.  Richardson at a major college, Florida , wasn't a winner there.

I still vote for C J Stroud 

These same people said Willis could be the top Qb last year. I think it’s Stroud and Young.

19 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

We are going defense and will draft Will Anderson or Jalen Carter because we want to become a defensive powerhouse 😂

Then Reich gets on the stage and rips his face off, revealing he's really John Fox. Fox then says, "It was me all along Austin, you son of witch!"

Here are my ignorant thoughts:

I feel that AR's hype was "real" but only enough that teams felt they could hype him up as a smokescreen.  He helped his draft spot, but not all the way to the top.

Levis?  I don't have a great reason but I just don't think so. I mean, only a star would mayo their java but a it it takes a bust to eat banana peels.  So. I'll average it out and just say no.

Young sounds like the most ready to go and the best of the bunch, but his downside puts him too close to one play destroying the whole project.  With the investment made, I don't think they'll take that gamble.

My challenge with Stroud is that I'm a Georgia fan and that's really the only college ball I watch.  That means the only time I saw him was apparently his best showing ever.  Still, watching him there, I really thought Georgia was going to lose solely because of him.  I felt then and there that Stroud would make the transition to the NFL well and have a long career.  So I'm saying he's my best guess.

Edited by coffee