• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need a ‘Point Guard’

KBRed

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

That’s the dilemma right? Do you take the Better QB who is most likely going to have injury issues, or do you take a ‘lesser’ QB who is less likely to have those issues?

I’ve been on the Stroud train since the fall, but I’m starting to think the Panthers are going to go Young because of his intelligence.

I don't think Young will have injury issues. His style of play translates very well to the NFL. He navigates the pocket, scrambles, and avoids contact better than any of the other QBs in the draft. In all the Bama games I saw this past season, I only saw Young take one sack where it looked like he didn't feel the rusher at all. The dude also only missed one game in three years due to injury, so he's tough too.

I'm not as high on Stroud because even when facing Georgia, he was never pressured a lot and when he was pressured he became frantic, though Georgia did get to him more than other teams. But to Stroud's credit, he stepped up in the playoff game unlike the rest of the season. Like what happened to Young in Bama's two losses, the defense let the offense down and lost the game. Stroud's Oline was elite in college as was his #1 WR, and he's not going to have that in the NFL. Was Stroud's performance in the Georgia game him finally showing what he can do or just a one off? That's the dilemma with him.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, Tbe said:

Young is the better QB. I don’t think that is in question. The question is he durable enough for a long NFL career?

Its definitely in question.  He "might" be the better college quarterback although statistically, they are almost identical for this past season.  It remains to be seen who the better pro qb is.  

Here is how I think about it. Reich has a great system and would like someone to work mostly within that system with pinpoint accuracy. That says Stroud to me. Young is awesome but he feels like someone working much more outside the system. Similar to Russell Wilson.

• Pie 1

I feel like you can't go wrong with either of them

I also feel if we had Young or Stroud last season, despite being in college, we would have made the playoffs...they are that much better than Mayfield, PJ and Darnold, even as rookies

Bears fans are rejoicing that they might get another top 5 pick... I don't think so....Stroud and Young are way better QB's that we had last year and we finished 9th worst.

• Pie 1