• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

W/O the GA game do u take CJ?

Ivory Panther

With CJ seemingly the fan favor to be picked by Carolina at 1, I have a Question for the huddle.

without the GA game, can anyone look at CJ body of work & honestly say he is a better QB than Bryce?

on that GA game he played like a number 1 overall pick. But that was 1 out of at least 24 games. I dare to say he played like Bryce plays every game.

Can we trust that the GA game is the real CJ? 

It wasn't 1 out of 24. Stroud was the predicted number 1 since the season began, he would have been 1 overall if he could come out last season. I certainly would take him over Lance, Jones and Zach Wilson, even without hindsight. I think he fall is classic to every year and the same will happen to some prospects next year as well.

Edited by Jaxel
  • Pie 6

Yes, but I think i'm more concerned if he never put what he did in the Georgia game on tape.

I will say I've been watching some of the all-22 from this season in game order from him and he did noticeably improve in the areas I was concerned in as the year went on and it felt like it just all showed out in that Georgia game which is more promising. So I think even without the Georgia game I could believe it a bit, but it would definitely push Bryce up more not having a proof of concept game like that.

I think end of day regardless of Georgia Stroud fits our situation and Reich the best so I would still probably take him.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Absolutely. I’ve been saying since early in the season that Stroud was the guy. His body of work, his throws and decision making, is superior to Young or anyone else. 

CJ barely had to make decisions…1st read was usually opened. Body of work was good but the quality of competition in big 10 & top WRs he had make it hard to evaluate.

Bryce was heisman with top WRs.
This year he carried weaponless Bama team (RB was the only legit weapon) thru great games.  

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, mcsmoak said:

If Bryce were 6’2 the Panthers would have already turned in the the card.  Without the UGA game I think Stroud is still the pick but then again I don’t know if they trade up to 1 to get him.

I think the height thing is overstated.

can a 6.2 QB see over a line that’s has nobody under 6’4?

andy Reid once said QBs don’t throw over buildings but they throw between buildings.

watching bryce, the middle of the field is opened season for him. That’s ur sign that he consistently finds open throwing lines. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Ivory Panther said:

CJ barely had to make decisions…1st read was usually opened. Body of work was good but the quality of competition in big 10 & top WRs he had make it hard to evaluate.

Bryce was heisman with top WRs.
This year he carried weaponless Bama team (RB was the only legit weapon) thru great games.  

That’s simply not true. Watch the games. His reads were not usually open.  This isn’t a Fields situation, gotta look past the stats and narratives and look at what actually happened. 

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Yes, but I think i'm more concerned if he never put what he did in the Georgia game on tape.

I will say I've been watching some of the all-22 from this season in game order from him and he did noticeably improve in the areas I was concerned in as the year went on and it felt like it just all showed out in that Georgia game which is more promising. So I think even without the Georgia game I could believe it a bit, but it would definitely push Bryce up more not having a proof of concept game like that.

I think end of day regardless of Georgia Stroud fits our situation and Reich the best so I would still probably take him.

Why do u think CJ fits Reich better? Do u think he is more accurate than bryce? 
i think their accuracy is comparable. Actually Bryce has a better completion percentage with lesser talent in a harder conference this year if I’m not mistaken. 

“Burrow is a one season wonder, Mahomes is a project and needs to sit a year to have a chance, Cam is a one read QB who is extremely raw….” You take your shot on your franchise QB or you have nothing. Saints will never sniff a Super Bowl with the new shiny vet 150 million dollar QB. We have some of the brightest minds on our coaching staff who specialize in developing QB’s. Our new QB coach just compared Stroud to Burrow. I trust whatever decision this staff makes compared to any other option.

• Pie 4

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

That’s simply not true. Watch the games. His reads were not usually open.  This isn’t a Fields situation, gotta look past the stats and narratives and look at what actually happened. 

I have watched every game. Watched countless all 22.

the games his 1st reads weren’t consistently opened were Michigan, Iowa & Maryland. He coincidentally struggled a bit more during those game. He had a hard time escaping pressure. 

i don’t want to sound like I don’t like his game. I think he was very good in college. but I have questions about his consistency in less than ideal situations. 

• Beer 1