• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We still have six picks (for now)

top dawg

Well, at least we still have six picks somehow. Here is the breakdown thanks to Ian Cummings of pro Football Network:

Round 1, Pick 1 overall (from CHI)

Round 2, Pick 39 overall

Round 3, Pick 93 overall (from SF)

Round 4, Pick 114 overall

Round 4, Pick 132 overall (from SF)

Round 5, Pick 147 overall

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/carolina-panthers-draft-picks-2023-nfl-draft/

So, we have a few picks (and 22.7 mil of cap space according to Anthony Rizzuti)

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/10/salary-cap-compensation-panthers-bears-trade-wr-dj-moore/

• Pie 2

My immediate reaction to the CMC trade was I hated it. After a couple days I got over the emotions and saw that it was just what was best for all parties involved. Now I see it as the catalyst that made this trade possible. We would be without #39 if we didn’t have 61, plus we have the other picks to use to move up from 39 if we want or pad out depth at LB, DL, or wherever we want if we don’t move up. Game changing trade. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

We are set up very very very well. Our cap explodes next season and we have more than enough cap space to spend on free agency to make up for our lost first round pick. My head is about to explode with some of the dumb negative posters on this board who are absolutely clueless (about 4 in total). Amazing coaching staff, rookie franchise QB, solid defense, good O line, and a ton of money in the bank. Things are amazing since we moved on from Rhule, it’s a completely different franchise now. It is a VERY exciting time to be a Panthers fan. Enjoy the ride everyone 

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We don't have a 7th.

Their seventh-rounder went to Jacksonville as part of the Aug. 29, 2022, trade for wide receiver Laviska Shenault Jr.

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-draft-picks-2023-full-list-trades-moves-nfl

Six picks (all fifth round or higher) is pretty good though.

15 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

7AB2A630-1EDE-46BB-AEAD-FB166FA51AC2.thumb.jpeg.eea0fec9715414ec7f681e7ee0bd46dc.jpeg

How hard is that?

Thanks. Of course it's too late to edit (which is why I kinda hate they put that restriction in place, but it's Igo's place).

I did some math for the heckuvit.  According to the overthecap.com chart, our original 7 picks would've been worth 5515 points.  The 6 we have now are worth 6450.

That means we go into this draft with the equivalent of our original 7 picks plus one late round 2nd.

If this means anything to you, you are a nerd.  (But at least you're not the one who did the math.)

BTW, everything I find says we have pick 145, not 147.

• Beer 2

19 minutes ago, Basbear said:

What's the reaction when finessererererer trades back from 39th to the late 50s, when two prime WRs are the board along with 2 prime edges??

Just guessing from past performances, one of the 4th's and the 5th will be traded. Maybe some combination  with the 3rd as well.  Fitt has proved what you think you have when the draft starts isn't necessarily where you end up.