• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you ask from Houston?

Mr. Scot

11 hours ago, onmyown said:

uh if we knew for a fact they weren’t taking our guy why would they trade up lol

This is one of those pipe dreams people have to make up for all the picks we gave up along with not trading Burns. The realization that we are in a real tough spot for offensive weapons and so we dream about Houston handing us another 1st to move up one spot. 

18 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Why give them the first choice among the qb's? You've already traded up so use that to pick whoever you want. Don't overthink this.

This. They better have a conviction on one guy as the top choice otherwise we’re  in trouble. It doesn’t mean the second choice is not good but you have the #1 pick, no need to settle 

• Beer 2

19 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

You are sacrificing your chance to choose the first qb and quite possibly the one you wanted. That's a big something that is being ignored. To hell with extra picks. Don't overthink this.

They traded up too soon, we have too much time on our hands now. All we can do is overthink! 

21 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

It's weird.  I feel like you only trade to #1 if there is one specific guy you actually covet.  So I think our FO and staff know exactly who they want and who they traded up there for.  So, that's where I disagree with Person here...  I don't think they traded there with the idea they like "more than one."  They traded for THE ONE they like.  Now, that being said, I only see us trading back if we have solid Intel that the Texans aren't interested in the guy we want.  If that is the case, I'm taking that 12th pick and running Zay Flowers or Hyatt's card up to the podium.  No hesitation.

I think there were 2 guys there covet (Stroud and Young), but the #2 pick wasn't for sale. Trading to #3 doesn't guarantee you those guys since LV or IND can jump to #1.

Basically this could be the long way to get to pick #2.

21 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:
What would you ask for?

What could you settle for?

I'd ask for next years 1st. I'd settle for this years 2nd and try to trade it to someone else for their 1st next year (ala Everette Brown).

That is actually in line with what a team should expect (maybe a little low) based on the typical cost to move up in the 1st round.

image.png.ec29aa4834d88b6b071b8859695b456b.png

Edited by Evil Hurney

Why would Houston trade up if they know we have to take one of the QBs anyway. Their power move would be to stay put and force us to take Stroud with no additional compensation. They could just call our bluff. 

Who else is trying to move up to #1?

Edited by OneBadCat

12 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Why would Houston trade up if they know we have to take one of the QBs anyway. Their power move would be to stay put and force us to take Stroud with no additional compensation. They could just call our bluff. 

Who else is trying to move up to #1?

Texans are the only team it'll make sense for us to trade to imo. It feels like the tepper likes Young Reich likes Stroud report was aimed at them as well. I dont think it happens though, feels like us just being optimistic we can force them to pick between the two.

22 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I would only do it for their 1st next year, which they would be insane to agree to.  At the 1 spot, we get to choose our destiny and that is priceless.

I sure would love to get next years first rounder back, but that would be a huge ask. They currently have:

• Round 1, Pick 2 overall
  • Round 1, Pick 12 overall (from CLE)
  • Round 2, Pick 33 overall
  • Round 3, Pick 65 overall
  • Round 3, Pick 73 overall (from CLE)
  • Round 4, Pick 104 overall

Plus 4 6ths and 2 7ths.

Honestly, I'd take # 33 or both 3rd rounders this year. we need to let our new staff lock down as much talent as they can right off the bat, Obviously, if the coaches feel that 1 QB is significantly better than the other, fuggit! pick their guy and don't look back!