• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 95th Oscars

Sapper

I care. I'll be watching.

Everything everywhere all together at once was incredible and should win a ton of awards.

I watched Triangle of Sadness last night, what a fuggin crazy movie.

Top Gun was great, All is quiet on the western front is a good war movie.

Haven't seen the rest tbh.

The telecast is just too darn long.  There's no reason for them to joke every year about the length of the program. 

25 awards? 

• Each speech is a minute, we're looking at 30m just for this.
  • The category/nominee list? If they can keep this to 90s total then that's about 45m.

Throw in some fluffy other material, and you're at a solid 90m by itself. Let's add 4 minutes of commercials every half-hour, and you're basically hitting the two hour mark.

There's no reason this needs to stretch more than 30m over that timeframe. No reason for the Oscars show to last longer than an NFL football game.

On the plus side, they let most of the recipients actually give reasonable speeches without playing them off this year.

Was able to watch the entire Oscars starting at 8p, pause it to watch the LAST OF US. Pause again to track down and watch one of the nominated Shorts -- and STILL catch up enough to watch the final four awards be given out live.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shocker said:

The wife and I watched The Whale last night.  Haven’t seen a movie that disturbed me quite like that in a while.  Definitely unforgettable.  Very, very tough watch though.  Fraser is incredible in this movie

Darren Aronofsky.

King of the "I make great movies that you never want to see twice"

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

Requiem for a Dream still haunts mine...

"ASS TO ASS!!!1!"

You might find this crazy but I watched Requiem for a Dream last weekend for the first time.  I had no idea any connections at all.  I thought it was ok…but definitely interesting.  I must be used to disturbing movies cuz it was just meh.  The final scene with the girls bothers me mostly because of the jackel people in this world.  That can’t be fun to watch

Edited by Shocker

On 4/8/2023 at 12:14 AM, Shocker said:

You might find this crazy but I watched Requiem for a Dream last weekend for the first time.  I had no idea any connections at all.  I thought it was ok…but definitely interesting.  I must be used to disturbing movies cuz it was just meh.  The final scene with the girls bothers me mostly because of the jackel people in this world.  That can’t be fun to watch

I just found it super depressing, which was the point I guess. Watching the girl from Labyrinth, who I had a huge crush on as a kid, sucking dick and doing live sex shows to score drugs for herself and her loser boyfriend was just a huge bummer, haha.