• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnell Washington in the 2nd?

chknwing

13 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Kelce was a 3rd round pick. Top 100 for sure, but that's not a first or second rounder.

You can get TJ Hockenson level production from a guy in the 4th or 5th round without using a first or second round pick.

TE is seriously ridiculously hard to scout.

64th pick 

54 minutes ago, gibran said:

64th pick 

63rd:

image.png.aead9bb9c2e0a8ad5dea103c73bee82c.png

First pick in the third round, 2 picks in the second were forfeited that year - Saints for Bountygate and Browns to take Josh Gordon in the Supplemental Draft.

It's semantics, but the fact that you were harping on it so much it needed to be pointed out. 

Regardless, Yes, he was picked essentially where a 2nd rounder would have been drafted. He's the best there is right now. He's an outlier though. Every other good TE ranked 4-10 is essentially interchangeable, and they were all drafted all over the damn place.

To further strengthen my argument, the #2 and 3 best TEs in the NFL Right now - Kittle and Andrews, were drafted in the 5th round (Pick 146) and 3rd Round (Pick 86) respectively. 

Don't waste high picks on a TE. It's like RB but with a longer wait for results and harder to predict NFL Production.

20 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

63rd:

image.png.aead9bb9c2e0a8ad5dea103c73bee82c.png

First pick in the third round, 2 picks in the second were forfeited that year - Saints for Bountygate and Browns to take Josh Gordon in the Supplemental Draft.

It's semantics, but the fact that you were harping on it so much it needed to be pointed out. 

Regardless, Yes, he was picked essentially where a 2nd rounder would have been drafted. He's the best there is right now. He's an outlier though. Every other good TE ranked 4-10 is essentially interchangeable, and they were all drafted all over the damn place.

To further strengthen my argument, the #2 and 3 best TEs in the NFL Right now - Kittle and Andrews, were drafted in the 5th round (Pick 146) and 3rd Round (Pick 86) respectively. 

Don't waste high picks on a TE. It's like RB but with a longer wait for results and harder to predict NFL Production.

I mean bro our 2nd round pick we gave was  a 61st so I don’t see everyone calling Travis a late pick