• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King on the trade

Mr. Scot

20 hours ago, Kentucky Panther said:

If we traded up for Levis or Richardson this will be a complete disaster. 

I will be done with this franchise to be honest. Levis is just the worst overhyped prospect. Richardson at least has potential and is an athlete you can mold. Levis can't feel pressure, is incredibly wildly inconsistent and couldn't beat out a guy that will not be drafted at Penn State. Absolutely will be done with the Panthers if they draft Levis. 

1 hour ago, Bearzzz said:

I could be wrong but didn't Carolina turn down a first round pick offer from GB for Moore at the trade deadline?  Based on what I have read the offer from Carolina was a 1st & 2nd in 2025. Chicago wanted Moore or no deal. What he has achieved in 5 seasons (365/5201/21) is nothing short of a miracle, with the QBs throwing to him. Believe me, being a Bears fan, I recognize mediocrity when I see it. Let me remind you:

2018: Newton/Allen/Heinicke

2019: Newton/Allen/Grier

2020: Bridgewater/Walker

2021: Newton/Darnold/Walker

2022: Newton/Darnold/Walker

Not sure if it was calculated, but taking away the best player on Carolina's offense was a brilliant move by Poles. It takes away a security blanket for the rookie QB and hopefully results in a better pick for the Bears in 24. Good luck trying to replace his contribution. Hopefully, Carolina will find a replacement after the 2025 season.

Dude averaged around 5 TD’s and around a thousand yards per season as the primary receiver. Elite receiver’s make plays when they get the ball, blaming a QB who contributed to those yards accumulated makes absolutely no sense. 

3 hours ago, weyco2000 said:

Dude averaged around 5 TD’s and around a thousand yards per season as the primary receiver. Elite receiver’s make plays when they get the ball, blaming a QB who contributed to those yards accumulated makes absolutely no sense. 

Guess who else averaged 5TDs & 1000 yards (actually 920) per season? Steve Smith. I'm not saying Moore is Steve Smith but I'm also not buying he will be easily replaced either.

34 minutes ago, Bearzzz said:

Guess who else averaged 5TDs & 1000 yards (actually 920) per season? Steve Smith. I'm not saying Moore is Steve Smith but I'm also not buying he will be easily replaced either.

I know Smitty called DJ his spirit animal ha ha, but this is a great example of stats not telling the real story. 

On 3/13/2023 at 9:21 AM, Kentucky Panther said:

If we traded up for Levis or Richardson this will be a complete disaster. 

It won’t be because of the QBs themselves but the cost to go to 1. I honestly think Richardson is available at 9. Levis at 5 or also maybe 9. Now that’s pre-trade up as one of the QB that was going to be available at 2-9 is now gone at 1.

I would be ridiculously disappointed in getting either of those two at 9 knowing we traded Moore and maybe another pick for nothing.