• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Stroud and it shouldn't even be close

NAS

Just now, Mother Grabber said:

i wonder how many people will be saying it’s Young after his pro day, though it’s hard to show off his ability to read a defense without a defense.

There's two years of him showing up elite level processing. All he needs to do is come out throw dots (which he will).

Edited by therealmjl
  • Pie 4

1 minute ago, Mother Grabber said:

i wonder how many people will be saying it’s Young after his pro day, though it’s hard to show off his ability to read a defense without a defense.

I’m not sure how amazing his pro day will be. He will look solid throwing the ball, but Young’s strength is his tape and football IQ. AR and Levis’s pro day will have people talking. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

There's two years of him showing up elite level processing. All he needs to do is come out throw dots (which he will).

I think Young has elite level processing, no concerns there.  But size is a big deal in the NFL, staying healthy is a challenge playing 17 games in a season.  Being able to see routes over the top of 6'7 defensive linemen is a real challenge.  Those things don't matter that much in college because you're not playing against elite defenders  every single week.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

Everything about playing qb, isn’t in question. It’s that other thing that everyone is infatuated about.

2 minutes ago, NAS said:

I think Young has elite level processing, no concerns there.  But size is a big deal in the NFL, staying healthy is a challenge playing 17 games in a season.  Being able to see routes over the top of 6'7 defensive linemen is a real challenge.  Those things don't matter that much in college because you're not playing against elite defenders  every single week.  

It’s been pointed out countless times on here and I’m sure I’ll get flack for it. Yes, fine, Young didn’t play elite nfl players every week. Stroud will not have Garret Wilson, Chris Olave, Marvin Harrison Jr, Jaxson Smith Njigba, and Emeka Egbuka level wr talent gap over primarily big10 level CB. Terrace Marshall, Laviska Shanault, Shi Smith and maybe Jakobi Meyers… Adam Theilen, Juju… and whatever leftover is at 39 (I hope Hyatt for the team build purposes). Yep. Young will ALWAYS be small and that’ll scare a lot. But there is a chance that Stroud ends up being just a solid mid tier qb, unless ya surround him with real talent. And that’ll be hard to do until like 2024 because THIS team needs a first round WR. Not a solid wr 2 , a real bonafide one. It also needs a real WEAPON out of the backfield . Not Chuba Hubbard. It also needs usage at Tight End, not Ian Thomas. 

Our build is exactly why I’m afraid of Stroud and get crap for it. If we had ATL weapons, fine yeah absolutely Stroud has 2 huge targets that are potentially elite. Come here and you’ll have to scrape the bottom of the barrel (and do not try to sell me on this FA class of wr please) at damn near all positions.

• Pie 2