• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's Stroud and it shouldn't even be close

NAS

1 minute ago, Adb6368 said:

If this board was limited to discussing only things we know as 100% fact, I don’t think we’d have much to talk about. Especially in March 

This was on response to someone who said they would be behind any player chosen by the staff but not if it was chosen by tepper.  My point is we won't know who was behind the pick.

• 6 months later...
On 3/13/2023 at 11:25 AM, NAS said:

He has the tape, the arm, the mental processing.  He has the highest floor and his potential is there too. 

Bryce Young is good but severely undersized.  I think he can still play but would have to work out of a shotgun his entire career and avoid getting hit.

AR 15 is a project - you can't waste a #1 pick on him, way too much risk based on what we gave up.   I would have been fine with him at #9 but now that we traded up and have the pick of the litter, it would be idiotic not to draft Stroud.

Everything else better be just smoke 'n' mirrors otherwise I will lose it if we don't select Stroud or Young.

This original post was in reaction to rumors that we may take Anthony Richardson but I was spot on about Stroud.  Dude is a beast already.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

On 3/13/2023 at 11:52 AM, CPF4LIFE said:

Everyday that goes by i want Stroud more and more thats even with watching all these QBs tape. There is nothing there to lower the stock, you would have to fight to convince yourself otherwise which is stupid.

SMFH. whyyyyy

• Beer 1

Just now, The Natural said:

I guess you should be rewarded for bumping another ancient thread just to pat yourself on the back.

it's just therapy my friend. I am feeling terrible about the way things are going.  I gotta get it out of my system

• Beer 1

Just look at the pie ratio almost everyone agreed until it got closer to the draft and the Bryce media hype train started to gain traction 

I think when it became clearer that we were going to draft Young a lot of people here started convincing themselves he was the right pick. To the point where most people were hard core Bryce stands (seemingly) right before the draft.  And now that's backfired. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

On 3/13/2023 at 1:47 PM, jfra78 said:

This makes no sense, how can you fault someone for having talent around him?  The idea that Young can come in here and play at an elite level without top teir talent around him is ridiculous.  This is the NFL not college, the defenses are faster, larger and the windows are tighter.  You need a QB who can stand in the pocket, use the whole field, and strike with pin point accuracy.  That is Stroud.  To be successful, Young will have to get out of the pocket and wait for plays to break down.

Spot on. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, NAS said:

it's just therapy my friend. I am feeling terrible about the way things are going.  I gotta get it out of my system

I get it man. We're all (well most of us) here because we're Panthers fans. It feels like ages since we last had any hope. I'm trying to remain optimistic that things will get turned around and Bryce can be a franchise guy for us. My original response probably came off more passive-aggressive then it should have, I'm sorry.

6 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I get it man. We're all (well most of us) here because we're Panthers fans. It feels like ages since we last had any hope. I'm trying to remain optimistic that things will get turned around and Bryce can be a franchise guy for us. My original response probably came off more passive-aggressive then it should have, I'm sorry.

I’m not giving up on Bryce. Just hurts knowing Stroud was the best in class

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, NAS said:

I’m not giving up on Bryce. Just hurts knowing Stroud was the best in class

I don't get caught up on the what it's. I know it's human nature. 

I'm happy for Stroud,  happy for the Texans. That franchise has suffered much since it's inception.   

I'm also not wavering on Bryce.  He's not the problem.  

• Pie 3

13 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I don't get caught up on the what it's. I know it's human nature. 

I'm happy for Stroud,  happy for the Texans. That franchise has suffered much since it's inception.   

I'm also not wavering on Bryce.  He's not the problem.  

Agreed. Oh, and let's remember that the only reason the Texans even exists is because they offered a $700m "stop ignoring us" expansion fee to get that team when the league was determined to give one to LA, despite LA never getting its act together. Other than Watson, QB play for them has been the likes of Carr, Schaub, and TJ Yates. They're only eight years newer than Carolina but they seem to have had more futility. 

• Beer 1