• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official NFL Free Agency Thread

TheCasillas

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Unreal. 

This is a fantastic deal for the Pats. The Hurst deal was already iffy money wise now it looks worse

Hurst breakdown is up 

41060511-9136-4688-B3E4-DF8E839568BC.thumb.png.b9548c35b7b0b95c87d1a527a81e09ae.png

Would have been nice to sign them both and play Geseki as a big slot. Hurst is a more well rounded TE but Geseki a better pure pass catcher 

41 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Unreal. 

This is a fantastic deal for the Pats. The Hurst deal was already iffy money wise now it looks worse

Hurst breakdown is up 

41060511-9136-4688-B3E4-DF8E839568BC.thumb.png.b9548c35b7b0b95c87d1a527a81e09ae.png

I'm fine with going with the guy that can actually block and catch. Dolphins fans aren't that upset about losing him, basically a really tall possession receiver who isn't good at blocking. 2 years $13M guaranteed isn't bad for Hurst

52 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Unreal. 

Hurst breakdown is up 

Gesicki is basically WR. We got Hurst who is much better all around as a TE for an average of 7 million per season, although we used his cap hit as flexibility to lower it this season so that we can sign more weapons. Hurst had a very good year and would have had much better receiving stats if the Beangles didn’t have so many injuries on the O line. He was ask to block much more in the second half of the season due to this. There is a reason why we signed him long term and why Gesicki got a one year deal. We also have an out after 2 years with only 2 million dead cap so again, great flexibility on a well rounded TE who seems to be getting better with age. Gesicki is a one truck pony that’s why he’s 27 and only getting a one year deal

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

On 3/16/2023 at 8:24 AM, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: This is the guy we chose Greg Little over

I have a feeling the Bills weren't too happy with their pick either.  If the Little pick was an F grade, then Cody Ford was around a D-.  He had a 41.2 PFF grade last year and his career best was a 53.8.  I'm surprised he's even still getting signed somewhere but I can only imagine it's because he has experience at OT and OG (albeit he sucks at both).

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm fine with going with the guy that can actually block and catch. Dolphins fans aren't that upset about losing him, basically a really tall possession receiver who isn't good at blocking. 2 years $13M guaranteed isn't bad for Hurst

Of course they aren't. Their coach doesn't involve the TE in the passing game. It's how we got Greg Olsen from Mike Martz's Bears. Not saying Gesicki is Greg Olsen but I'd expect a sizeable jump in his production in NE.

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Silence is great news. Some team is laying low getting their cards right to get the steal of the offseason. Hopefully that team isn't in the NFC.

There's no "laying low" in the QB market. Lamar has just badly outkicked his coverage here and he's going to be very fortunate if the Ravens don't hold his feet over the fire now. They can probably fairly offer him considerably less than their last best offer now if they want to. Lamar might legitimately be looking at his best option being playing the year out under the tag and proving he can stay healthy. He'd have an extra hundred million plus in the bank right now if he hadn't been trying to save 3%.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's no "laying low" in the QB market. Lamar has just badly outkicked his coverage here and he's going to be very fortunate if the Ravens don't hold his feet over the fire now. They can probably fairly offer him considerably less than their last best offer now if they want to. Lamar might legitimately be looking at his best option being playing the year out under the tag and proving he can stay healthy. He'd have an extra hundred million plus in the bank right now if he hadn't been trying to save 3%.

Pretty much.

He thought he'd be the subject of a bidding war. The only war seems to be teams competing for how far they can distance themselves from him.

I expect he winds up back in Baltimore for whatever they're willing to offer.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Patience my friend. There will always be a team lurking when it comes time. 32 teams not everyone has a franchise QB.

Patience...