• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

I'm very reluctant to trade for a receiver.  Essentially just makes the trade up to 1 that much more expensive.  Unless it is a gamble/steal such as trading a 6th for Elijah Moore.   Sign a FA and work the draft. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

The WR FA market wasn't great and now we are down to scraps. I've loved the overall plan so far, but WR is a concern at this point. Chalk? Thiesen? A trade?

There will be some movement but might as well come to terms with the WR corps not being completely fixed this offseason. Next offseason we should be able to get it where it needs to be. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Someone mentioned Darius Slayton in this or another thread. Based on his highlight reel, he looks like a decent replacement for DJ Moore. 

For RB depth, we could grab Rodriguez out of Kentucky (or a similar style rusher) in the later rounds to complement Sanders and Hubbard if we don’t bring Foreman back.

UPDATE: Slayton reportedly signing with the Falcons. There goes that idea.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 1

26 minutes ago, bobcat91 said:

The WR FA market wasn't great and now we are down to scraps. I've loved the overall plan so far, but WR is a concern at this point. Chalk? Thiesen? A trade?

Relax we’re fine. 4th day of free agency we’re being patient there’s a plan trust in the front office/coaching staff they know what they’re doing 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1