• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

4-2 with Ben McAdoo and a bottom 10 pass blocking offensive line? The playing with Matt Rhule and Adam Gase?

Better hope Stroud doesn't end up in that situation or he will be a "bust" as well, as most any QB would. It's not a shocker that Ryan Tannehill got away from Gase and became a solid starting QB. Then Darnold got the same opportunity but instead of going to a staff like the Titans, he got to go to RHULE.

So give me a break with the Darnold hate. Who else do you want as a back-up? You're not getting Brissett. My guess is you'd rather end up with P.J. Walker? 

I can't help you be smarter. Not within my abilities.

Carry on with your low tier backup obsession. 

Edited by kungfoodude

1 minute ago, DJ feed me moore said:

waste of money?

For $5 million? A waste? Who else are you going to sign with as much experience as him for that price? P.J. Walker? Rhule's pet project?

I still think Darnold, with Jim Caldwell and Frank Reich, could be a quality starting QB. So if you get him at $5 million as a back-up, that's more than a win. 

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I thunk people vastly overrate where Darnold is rated by the NFL. 

I suspect we will see that with free agency.

I have not heard his name mentioned as even a backup for any other team so far. His name has been mentioned as a bridge/backup for us a couple of times but other than that it has been crickets. 

• Beer 1

Just now, CPcavedweller said:

For $5 million? A waste? Who else are you going to sign with as much experience as him for that price? P.J. Walker? Rhule's pet project?

I still think Darnold, with Jim Caldwell and Frank Reich, could be a quality starting QB. So if you get him at $5 million as a back-up, that's more than a win. 

rather roll with corral and save the money.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Why don't you want Sam Darnold? This would quite literally be his first NFL quality staff ever. He also proved he could be a capable back-up.

Couldn't find a gif of the goalposts moving again, but imagine I did.

• Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I have not heard his name mentioned as even a backup for any other team so far. His name has been mentioned as a bridge/backup for us a couple of times but other than that it has been crickets. 

I think all that "bridge" talk is over. You don't give up all that we did to draft a kid to sit behind a guy like Sam Darnold. This kid is playing day one.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think all that "bridge" talk is over. You don't give up all that we did to draft a kid to sit behind a guy like Sam Darnold. This kid is playing day one.

agreed. No way this isnt Young or Stroud and they got to see what they have.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That appears to be the plan.  We still need a backup and another camp arm.