• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

At this point, I'd say you can probably unpin this topic. Our free agency push looks the mostly be over.

All the focus now is on the draft.

Yep. And what a free agency it was.  Wow. This off season was epic. Funny thing we still only getting A- and B+  grades.  Lol.  I give it A+   now we just gotta nail the draft. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

HOPKINS TO BE RELEASED GO GET THIS MAN

That would probably hurt our chances of getting him as he'd likely go to either the highest bidder or a team ready to contend this year, neither of which would likely be us.

Had a much better chance at trading for him

Just now, tukafan21 said:

That would probably hurt our chances of getting him as he'd likely go to either the highest bidder or a team ready to contend this year, neither of which would likely be us.

It's been reported that he doesn't want to go to a team with a rookie quarterback anyway, so I wouldn't think our chances of getting him are all that high either way.

9 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

If he gets released, his next stop is likely a 1 year deal until FA next offseason.  He already would have gotten paid by AZ.  Use this next year on a 1y/7-10M deal to pad the pockets and stats and hit the market next offseason.

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's been reported that he doesn't want to go to a team with a rookie quarterback anyway, so I wouldn't think our chances of getting him are all that high either way.

I've heard that, but I'm guessing we'd be the one place he'd be willing to do it.  Think that was more his way of trying to get sent to a contender, but if that wasn't going to happen, I think we'd have been a legit option for him.

It wouldn't be with any random rookie, it would be the #1 overall pick and would basically be him coming back home, as well as being the clear #1 option in the passing game.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If your rookie and young qb played more video games then studied film you’d probably be scared too. I’d like to see where he ends up could change the power rankings of a couple good teams.

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I've heard that, but I'm guessing we'd be the one place he'd be willing to do it.  Think that was more his way of trying to get sent to a contender, but if that wasn't going to happen, I think we'd have been a legit option for him.

It wouldn't be with any random rookie, it would be the #1 overall pick and would basically be him coming back home, as well as being the clear #1 option in the passing game.

We have the 2nd most cap space in the league. If we paid him the most money I think he would come here even with a rookie QB.

Most of these players are about money at the end of the day. Football is not a sport you have a 20 year career. Guys trying to set their family up after football. Whoever pays Hopkins the most money will get him if he ends up being cut.

56 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We have the 2nd most cap space in the league. If we paid him the most money I think he would come here even with a rookie QB.

Most of these players are about money at the end of the day. Football is not a sport you have a 20 year career. Guys trying to set their family up after football. Whoever pays Hopkins the most money will get him if he ends up being cut.

Dude, just no, on multiple fronts.

This isn't a RB who only has one chance to land a big contract, the guy has already made $110 million in his career with minimal team success.

He's not going to just take the highest contract offer, he literally said going into this offseason that he wasn't looking for max money, but he wanted to go somewhere that is a contending team and he'd be willing to take a pay cut to make it happen.

Beyond that, we only have the 2nd most cap space in the league right now in name only, we also need to save more cap room than almost any team in the league for the rookies.

I'm not saying we can't or won't sign him, but it won't be because we have the 2nd most cap room and thus offer him the biggest contract offer of any team. 

34 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Dude, just no, on multiple fronts.

This isn't a RB who only has one chance to land a big contract, the guy has already made $110 million in his career with minimal team success.

He's not going to just take the highest contract offer, he literally said going into this offseason that he wasn't looking for max money, but he wanted to go somewhere that is a contending team and he'd be willing to take a pay cut to make it happen.

Beyond that, we only have the 2nd most cap space in the league right now in name only, we also need to save more cap room than almost any team in the league for the rookies.

I'm not saying we can't or won't sign him, but it won't be because we have the 2nd most cap room and thus offer him the biggest contract offer of any team. 

Im just telling you the only way he considers us is if we overpay him.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Im just telling you the only way he considers us is if we overpay him.

That may or may not be the case, but it's not what you said.

You said he's going to the highest bidder because that's what football players do, which is true sometimes, but seeing as he's explicitly said that's not what he was looking for with his next team/contract, it's just a dumb thing to say in such a matter of factly way.

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

That may or may not be the case, but it's not what you said.

You said he's going to the highest bidder because that's what football players do, which is true sometimes, but seeing as he's explicitly said that's not what he was looking for with his next team/contract, it's just a dumb thing to say in such a matter of factly way.

Never said it was a fact. My man you trying to put words in my mouth. I only said he wants to get paid the most money he can get. Nothing more nothing less.