• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I'm looking him up and he put up very similar numbers to DJ Moore while playing 3 less games.  He is only one year older than DJ also.  Offer him a contract similar to Moore's and see what happens.  Draft another WR/TE at 39 and we suddenly have at least respectable weapons for our rookie.  

Meyers is a very clear #2 WR. He would be a fantastic addition but not at the price he might command. If we can get him in the $10-13 mil range, 100% in. Other than that, he isn't a guy we should be spending a lot of money on.

I would love DJ Chark too but that will also be price dependent. 

• Pie 2

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is great news for us. 

I am getting fairly stoked over this free agency, the more I read about the defense we will run--I am still pretty ignorant about it, but it seems we have studs where we need studs--a bit concerned about LB depth, but that is about it. 

Bozeman and Foreman are not irreplaceable, so if I was them, I would call my agent.  I am not a fan of re-signing 1-dimensional running backs.  I would offer Bozeman $7.5 and Foreman $3.  Take it or leave it.  If Bozeman walks, move Cade Mays to center and let Elf back him up.

If we can grab a WR in free agency once the price drops, we can find one in the draft--hopefully, we can add a TE and be OK.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Teddy Bridgewater come on down .....

May not be popular opinion but wouldn't mind hanging on to PJ to run with  Stroud/Young + Corral/Eason. 

Kid is scrappy and has had to fight his way into the league. That is a good mentor in my mind considering our staffs knowledge. 

• Pie 4