• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is a list of my free agents for the coming days.  Not superstars--affordable, practical upgrades. *Indicates my preferred targets.  Comments below:

RB Alexander Mattison:  Plays behind Dalvin Cook.  Good numbers, can catch out of backfield

WR Richie James:   Had best season in 2022 in Dabold’s system.  Improved every year, however.

WR Parris Campbell: Played 15 games in first 3 seasons, but played 17 in 2022, where he caught 63 balls.  Huge risk...Cannot stay healthy.

WR Darius Slayton: Has had 3, 700-yard seasons in 4 seasons.  Durable.  Drop rate slightly higher that NFL average (7.0/6.6)

TE Foster Moreau:  Plays behind Darren Waller.  Good numbers for a #2 TE—more yards than all Panther TEs combined.

TE Dalton Schultz: Probably the player to target if not drafting a TE—overshadowed by younger TEs on roster at times because they just had too much talent at the position. 

TE Austin Hooper:  Nothing special and has been in Atlanta and Tennessee.  An upgrade? 

TE Hayden Hurst: Was injured in 2022—had good game in playoffs

TE Mike Gisicki:  Had a much better 2021 than 2022.  Not used correctly. Can play outside, slot, and on line.  Because he was not used correctly, his value is lower—I think he could be signed on the cheap.

I am convinced that we must find at least 1 WR in the draft and sign a marginal WR as described here.  The 39th pick must be a WR--after looking at this crap.

Grab the Veteran TE, Scott.  Focus on QB and WR in the draft.

Player/age

Position

Former team/PFF Score

Receptions/Yards

Carries/Yards

Alexander Mattison / 25

RB

Vikings / 71.2

15/91

74/283 (3.8)

*Richie James/ 27

WR

Giants / 71.6

57/569

Parris Campbell/ 26

WR

Colts / 60.8

63/623

*Darius Slayton/ 26

WR

Giants / 68.5

45/724

*Foster Moreau / 26

TE

Raiders / 61.1

33/420

*Dalton Schultz / 27

TE

Cowboys / 67.8

57/577

Austin Hooper / 28

TE

Titans / 68.8

41/444

Hayden Hurst /30

TE

Bengals / 65.0

52/414

*Mike Gisicki / 28

TE

Miami / 59.9

32/362

I want Mattison myself, probably over Foreman as I think he's more explosive and can catch passes which will help a rookie QB.

Shultz is my preferred TE but figure we'll be priced out, so I'd like to see use go after Gesicki next.

Think I'd add Thielen to the WR want list though, as long as he's not trying to get too much money, I think he'd be a great savvy slot WR for a rookie QB to have.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Strong_Bad said:

Has there been any rumors or news regarding any of the wide receivers? 

I am curious what the market value is going to be like for those guys since this free agency they are regarded as bad.

Will the prices be reasonable or inflated?

They were looking at some guy named Fhqwhgads 😐

To answer your question though, pretty much nada on that front.

57 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is a list of my free agents for the coming days.  Not superstars--affordable, practical upgrades. *Indicates my preferred targets.  Comments below:

RB Alexander Mattison:  Plays behind Dalvin Cook.  Good numbers, can catch out of backfield

WR Richie James:   Had best season in 2022 in Dabold’s system.  Improved every year, however.

WR Parris Campbell: Played 15 games in first 3 seasons, but played 17 in 2022, where he caught 63 balls.  Huge risk...Cannot stay healthy.

WR Darius Slayton: Has had 3, 700-yard seasons in 4 seasons.  Durable.  Drop rate slightly higher that NFL average (7.0/6.6)

TE Foster Moreau:  Plays behind Darren Waller.  Good numbers for a #2 TE—more yards than all Panther TEs combined.

TE Dalton Schultz: Probably the player to target if not drafting a TE—overshadowed by younger TEs on roster at times because they just had too much talent at the position. 

TE Austin Hooper:  Nothing special and has been in Atlanta and Tennessee.  An upgrade? 

TE Hayden Hurst: Was injured in 2022—had good game in playoffs

TE Mike Gisicki:  Had a much better 2021 than 2022.  Not used correctly. Can play outside, slot, and on line.  Because he was not used correctly, his value is lower—I think he could be signed on the cheap.

I am convinced that we must find at least 1 WR in the draft and sign a marginal WR as described here.  The 39th pick must be a WR--after looking at this crap.

Grab the Veteran TE, Scott.  Focus on QB and WR in the draft.

Player/age

Position

Former team/PFF Score

Receptions/Yards

Carries/Yards

Alexander Mattison / 25

RB

Vikings / 71.2

15/91

74/283 (3.8)

*Richie James/ 27

WR

Giants / 71.6

57/569

Parris Campbell/ 26

WR

Colts / 60.8

63/623

*Darius Slayton/ 26

WR

Giants / 68.5

45/724

*Foster Moreau / 26

TE

Raiders / 61.1

33/420

*Dalton Schultz / 27

TE

Cowboys / 67.8

57/577

Austin Hooper / 28

TE

Titans / 68.8

41/444

Hayden Hurst /30

TE

Bengals / 65.0

52/414

*Mike Gisicki / 28

TE

Miami / 59.9

32/362

Good list 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

With the details of the deals today being out, counting the deal with Thompson (which i have saving the team 8m in cap space, could be even more than that actually).  

Panthers should still have 20m in cap space left. 

That would give us about 12 million left unless you already took out the 8 needed for rookies.

Which is why we need to cut Elflein, he isn't too hard to replace on the roster, especially if Cade can take a step forward this year.  We need that $4 million to spend elsewhere right now, can get backup lineman in the draft or later in FA.

Still need to land some WR, RB, TE, DE, CB, plus a backup QB too.

Edited by tukafan21