• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

Just now, imminent rogaine said:

Lol. The board’s desperation for a WR signing and insatiable appetite for receivers on the fumes of their career made me think of him. 

Now I remember all those posts. I wish I could remember some other hot takes from back in the day. There's been some doozies. 

• Pie 3

39 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

It’s not a bad thing outside of us potentially watching the Bears get some ridiculous stud with our 2024 1st.

We aren’t going to win anything with a rookie. FA WRs are honestly atrocious. I’d let that settle and maybe grab a couple cheap vets to round out the squad. We are just going to have to hit on a RB with a 3rd or day 3 and hope a really good TE or WR drops to 39.

I think we’d be better off making a FA splash next year than overpaying for WR3 type guys.

Yep exactly this

This WR FA class is dog sh!t. I’d hate to see them overpay for one of these guys. This year was always about getting a rookie QB’s feet wet and taking our dead money hit without hurting our future cap

I don’t want to see us hurting our future cap for mid to lower tier type dudes. 

I do think signing Gesicki would be solid. We need a true TE for our rookie QB. If they’re going to address wide receiver it needs to be through trade and it needs to be one of the big name guys. Make sure you surround the rookie with legit weapons not overpay for some bum like Jakobi Meyers

• Pie 2

43 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

It’s not a bad thing outside of us potentially watching the Bears get some ridiculous stud with our 2024 1st.

We aren’t going to win anything with a rookie. FA WRs are honestly atrocious. I’d let that settle and maybe grab a couple cheap vets to round out the squad. We are just going to have to hit on a RB with a 3rd or day 3 and hope a really good TE or WR drops to 39.

I think we’d be better off making a FA splash next year than overpaying for WR3 type guys.

I agree.