• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably not the guys they're mentioning. I'd be looking at the non-1st round Clemson prospects. Two guys who come to mind are EDGE K.J. Henry and TE Davis Allen.

I mean, Clemson is one of the top college football programs in the nation and they're virtually in our backyard. It'd be negligent not to have a strong presence there.

KJ Henry would fit like a glove in our 3-4 as a DE/Edge hybrid. As a Clemson alum I've been waiting for the day when we finally take one. I thought Isaiah Simmons was the guy but in hindsight I can't be mad at taking Brown over him.

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I don't think there's a WR1 available currently....maybe...maybe Jerry Jeudy. I think he can be had for our #39.

I'm kicking tires on Elijah Moore with the Jets and also Sutton in Denver for less than Jeudy would cost. 

Yea, I was thinking about Moore too. Would be in on him if available. Seems like they are about to be 10 deep at WR.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Smithers said:

The Chiefs just won a SB with both of their starting wideouts currently free agents.  

Scheme matters.  Get some good route runners and a stud TE.  Then draft another and allow TMJ to continue to develop.  I have a feeling he will be a 1,000 yard receiver next year 

this

19 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I'm kicking tires on Elijah Moore with the Jets and also Sutton in Denver for less than Jeudy would cost. 

Moore posted a kind of an enigmatic tweet about being thankful for a things he didn't get.

With the news that Aaron Rodgers is directing the Jets to try and sign some of his old offensive teammates, there's speculation the Jets might be willing to part with some of their current guys.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, WUnderhill said:

I think this veteran QB mentor thing is getting way overblown considering our HC and QBs coach were both NFL QBs.

Well, the back-up QB, regardless of whom your HC is (because they are more like CEO's, not position coaches), is very important. It's important for on the field purposes during the game, it's important to help break down film outside of work hours. They also help snip film for film study.

So no, it's not overblown. Not in the least. If we are rolling with Stroud and Corral, we are going to be missing a huge element of what makes that job what it is. It's why guys like Colin Kaeper-get punched in the face didn't get a shot at jobs, he didn't want to be the back-up. It's why Russell Wilson would retire. It's why guys like Case Keenum, Colt McCoy, Tyrod Taylor, Heinicke, and Bridgewater will have jobs until they don't want them anymore. They are an extension of the coaching staff to the starter.

It is very important, especially for a rookie QB. It's even important for a guy like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, even when Tom Brady had a former NFL QB as an OC. It's why we retained a guy like Derek Anderson for so long despite having a Shula as the OC and Cam being an MVP QB by that point.

So don't undersell the value of this here just to pacify your feelings; or rather try to use irrational logic to suit your confirmation bias. 

27 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

I don't think there's a WR1 available currently....maybe...maybe Jerry Jeudy. I think he can be had for our #39.

Yeah, as if we don't have other holes to fill. I'm keeping 39 and drafting Mims. Then I'm taking Will Mallory in the 5th. Jerrod Clark (ideal NT at 6'4 330 who originally went to college as a TE) or Nick Hampton (Elite Pass Rusher measurables) in the 4th.

We want talent to develop on Rookie contracts. That's what enables you to go out and get those missing pieces to make a Super Bowl run. It's why the Chiefs were able to make a Super Bowl run despite Mahomes contract. They played 9 rookies in 2022-23. NINE. It's why they can get guys to support Mahomes and that offense.

So keep the draft picks, trust your evaluations, and develop guys. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Moore posted a kind of an enigmatic tweet about being thankful for a things he didn't get.

With the news that Aaron Rodgers is directing the Jets to try and sign some of his old offensive teammates, there's speculation the Jets might be willing to part with some of their current guys.

They better view G Wilson as the key franchise piece for their own good.

Moore though..he has so much road ahead in his career.  He would be a very interesting get for a team.

Davis, not as much.  

4 hours ago, Bear Hands said:

Maybe we get DJ Chark news today.  

Fine. Sign DJ Chark and D'onta Foreman, draft Denzel Mims and Will Mallory and I'm happier on offense. At that point you have three solid receivers, an offensive line that should improve, and a power back that will require linebacker support close to the line to bring down, and a good receiving tight end. 

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

They better view G Wilson as the key franchise piece for their own good.

Moore though..he has so much road ahead in his career.  He would be a very interesting get for a team.

Davis, not as much.  

Remind me. Did Moore say or do something stupid previously?

I have a vague memory of him making an ass of himself over something but I could be wrong.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remind me. Did Moore say or do something stupid previously?

I have a vague memory of him making an ass of himself over something but I could be wrong.

I think he got ticked off about how they were using him and the coaches told him to skip practice.  He subsequently asked for a trade if I recall correctly.  Though nothing was completely prior to the deadline.  Funny thing was the Packers were a rumored package to boost Rodgers corps lol.

*edit: There was something weird about it---and here it is--it was strange bc it was after their good start:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34846365/jets-elijah-moore-play-vs-broncos-trade-demand

Edited by Bear Hands
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

I think he got ticked off about how they were using him and the coaches told him to skip practice.  He subsequently asked for a trade if I recall correctly.  Though nothing was completely prior to the deadline.  Funny thing was the Packers were a rumored package to boost Rodgers corps lol.

*edit: There was something weird about it---and here it is--it was strange bc it was after their good start:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34846365/jets-elijah-moore-play-vs-broncos-trade-demand

Yeah...I'd definitely want more info on that before I'd be willing to trade for him.

You don't want a head case.