• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Something is going on with the TEs and WRs---2 top WRs have signed for about $11m per, and neither is a #1.  Tomorrow will be big--

I can't get Landry out of my mind. He was injured a lot last year, and his 2021 year in Cleveland was marred by injuries.  So is he injury prone, or just ran into some bad luck?  This guy has been a five time pro bowler and had about 5 seasons with over 800 yards...

He would be cheap. 

I also want the Panthers to look at JuJu before he returns to KC

We don't have to pursue just the FA's.

Waller just got traded for a 3rd. There are plenty of talented WR's available via trade. Broncos have 2 WR's that are better than anyone on the FA market.

Hopkins is also floating out there. We have options not just FA's.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I feel like I've seen more free agent activity in the last two days than I have some entire offseasons.

If I recall correctly, we had an offseason under Hurney where we signed one guy.

Hurney and Gentleman were fuging useless the first few days of free agency

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I feel like I've seen more free agent activity in the last two days than I have some entire offseasons.

If I recall correctly, we had an offseason under Hurney where we signed one guy.

And there was the time we had about $70m and he overpaid players on the current roster that went 4-12 the previous year--I think it was DWill's second contract, Charles Johnson, etc. I want to say it was just before we drafted Cam.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

And there was the time we had about $70m and he overpaid players on the current roster that went 4-12 the previous year--I think it was DWill's second contract, Charles Johnson, etc. I want to say it was just before we drafted Cam.

Oy...

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Or the time we had three kickers on the roster -three. 1,2,3. Three kickers. and instead of keeping the youngest, cheapest and best kicker on the roster, he picked the most expensive. 

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Our 4-12 season was 4 years before Hurney became GM