• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Free Agent Updates

Mr. Scot

On 3/20/2023 at 5:10 PM, TheCasillas said:

Thanks to @thunderraiden @Purrnicious@therealmjl ... I would have never thought to do this, but I just texted my buddy about what sup with Byrd... 

"Panthers are talking to him, and he would love to come back here" 
"The other team talking to him is GB"

Also, my buddy shared with me something that we did for Damiere that is pretty wild that I had no idea NFL franchises would do for a free agent, but I will say holy poo... our FO is so fuging cool.

bonus note: Byrd is getting married in uptown at the Bohemian in a couple of weeks.

Ooh good info, we need a fast deep threat guy to keep the field stretched so Thielen can make those possession catches and TMJ can get 1 on 1 on the outside. I feel like Byrd is a bit old for a speed guy but I watched him run past our entire defense like they were standing still vs Atlanta last year, so he still appears plenty fast. Would assume he won't cost much either. 

Article on ESPN right now for the best fits of the remaining top FA's and they added two best fits for trade targets at the end of it.

They had us as the best fit in a deal for Hopkins

Please, please, please, PLEASE let that happen

Hopkins and Thielen would be an absolute PERFECT pairing of vet WRs to give to a rookie QB to help jumpstart his career.  Hopkins has maybe the best hands in the league and Thielen is the ultimate pro's pro who is perfect for that check down safety valve when we can't get the ball downfield.

Play Thielen in the slot with TMJ on the outside with Hopkins, it will really open things up for TMJ as well and we can see what he might be able to become.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1