• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Foreman...does he stay or does he go?

Jmac

Interesting to see what the offer on the table is. Have heard nothing about him really. Hopefully it's a competitive offer. 

Multi year deal or another one year offer? Good player with stuff left in the tank. 

Opinions?

• Pie 1

I imagine that he's testing the market, much like Bozeman did.  Bozeman saw that he wouldn't make $10 million a year, and said he'd come back for a place he likes where he's going to get as good a deal as he can.  Foreman is probably in the same boat.  See who will pay the most because he's a runningback and knows that he's not in the CMC class of big money backs.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I imagine that he's testing the market, much like Bozeman did.  Bozeman saw that he wouldn't make $10 million a year, and said he'd come back for a place he likes where he's going to get as good a deal as he can.  Foreman is probably in the same boat.  See who will pay the most because he's a runningback and knows that he's not in the CMC class of big money backs.

I was hoping for what happened with Bozeman. It was eyebrow raising that he only got the deal he did last offseason so  the talk of him on a big money deal seemed a little unlikely. 

Foreman is going to be facing a VERY deep market at RB, so we also might be able to get him fairly cheaply.

• Pie 1

RBs are different animals on the negotiating table.  They have a short life span (most peak at 26-27 and start declining after that--when they are negotiating.  He had the best year of his career, but he is nothing more than a journeyman.  I am sure he wants to get paid, but he is a one-dimensional back who runs hard.  A young QB needs an outlet/checkdown, so he is not an ideal fit here.  I bet they lowballed the hell out of him--no more than $3m.

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Foreman will be 27.  I'd welcome him back for cheap.  But we likely saw the best he will ever give. 

We really need to replace Hubbard.  We need a pass catching RB.  

Agreed. Chuba might have the worst hands of any NFL skill position player I've ever seen. Like the dude is trying to catch a football with tennis rackets. Just awful.

• Beer 4