• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers cut C Pat Elfein

Saca312

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

We will not know until the draft happen, but I think youre still off. the top 51 is right next to draft one. 

most times those around 47-55 all have the same UDFA level pay. most times its doesnt effect the top 51 much. But add the #1 guaranteed draft pick will. Finessererer could trade around a few times too, i dont know if they keep the 39th or others. late 5th -7th are normally at the 51 cut off. 

Cap only counts the top 51.  Right now we are sitting on 51 guys.  If we add 6 guys salary, we'll lose 6 guys salary.  The math is pretty simple.

It's always had an effect around 5-7m.  Its a little higher this year with the first pick.

Regardless, no need to spend up to the limit.  Its nice to have some reserves for injuries and carry-over.  We'll need it next year for burns, luvu, chinn, etc.

1 minute ago, grimesgoat said:

Cap only counts the top 51.  Right now we are sitting on 51 guys.  If we add 6 guys salary, we'll lose 6 guys salary.  The math is pretty simple.

It's always had an effect around 5-7m.  Its a little higher this year with the first pick.

Regardless, no need to spend up to the limit.  Its nice to have some reserves for injuries and carry-over.  We'll need it next year for burns, luvu, chinn, etc.

Those 5-7 dont replace anyone, feels like this will be hard to explain to either of us. Those 5-7 dont displace anyone cause that large group in the 43-55 range all make the similar money. Moving a guy form number 43 @ 800k to 49 *still at 800k, has barely no effect. 

I summon @Toomers to help!

38 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm not gonna celebrate just yet. We still have to nail this pick and find some guys for this kid to throw to.

yeah I don't understand why people are celebrating so much and for what reason it really makes no sense whatsoever

3 hours ago, PanthersGTI said:

I thought he played pretty well at center, but he has no versatility, ass as a guard ( which is weird to me ). I'd imagine they are looking at Mayes and possibly a FA/draft pick to be backup center and guard. 

Why is it weird? He was too small / weak to play as a G. As a C that double teamed the DT though I thought he was good.

3 hours ago, t96 said:

Makes sense after we kept Boze but the hate he got here was ridiculous, he was a rock solid C for us. Bad at guard but good at C. Couldn't keep him as a backup at that cap hit but he wasn't bad for us at his natural position. Wish him the best for an AFC team that we don't play.

I think most of the hate was because we had Boz sitting on the bench who everyone except Rhule knew was a better option.

10 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Cut with a failed physical designation he might be done  

He had big hip problems, I hated the OG signing of him mainly cause of his injury history......I large man with hip problems can not lift right and thus becomes weak.....which that what he played like....