• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich has NO EXCUSES… playoffs or bust in 3 seasons

TheBigKat

Fitterer and ultimately Tepper have given him all the resources to succeed

- All world coaching staff where Tepper could flex that wallet with no salary cap constraints

-Top 10 young defense

-Continuity solid o line with franchise LT

-very good cap space in 2024

-#1 overall pick to draft HIS QB

this team is in way better position than any division rival and if he played his cards right he can flash onto the scene in a Brian Daboll’esque way

• Beer 1
  • Poo 4

The window will be open starting next year (IMO) and will stay open depending on the QB development. 

Best case scenario?  We win the South (possible) this year.  New Orleans may have the best QB in 2023, but the rest of their roster is over the hill, imo. Atlanta is the team that might surprise, but with Heinicke and Ridder?  Tampa Bay is now hungover from blowing their entire paycheck on the 2021 party. 

We need a few WRs and for a few WRs to step up--I expect them too.  I think we will compete for the NFC S title in 2023, start a dynasty (QB pending) in 2024.

I think people make mistakes when they confuse outcomes with goals.  Goals should be to improve at every position, to improve fundamentals, and to control what you can control.  Outcomes are the side effects for reaching your goals.  The Super Bowl is a side effect, not a goal.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

By the time this offseason is over I don’t think we’re going to have as much cap space in 2024 as a lot of you think we will 

Assuming a Burns extension gets done. They’ll probably take a big hit next year. Von and Shy are 20 mill against our cap. A lot of these contracts are being structured this way due to all the dead money/lack of space this year. 

Shaq’s contract hasn’t been posted yet either and I’m sure they just pushed most of it over to next year 

Guys like Donte and Ian can be cut though so save a nice chunk

Edited by *FreeFua*

Minimum we should be competing for the division and a playoff spot this year. Fitterer has his work cut out for him to make this offense formidable in one offseason. Hopium has everyone dismissing losing Moore as mostly inconsequential but we'll see.

• Pie 1

I don't have any expectations for CJ's rookie season. That's probably not going to be a winning season imo. Season 2 we need to be knocking on the door of the playoffs at the very least. Season 3 we need to make the playoffs. Season 4 we need to make a deep playoff run or win the damn thing. If we don't make some kind of clear W/L progress over the next 4 seasons then clean house.

5 minutes ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

No. Superbowl win this year and 15 all pro players with a 15-2 record.  

Y’all  going easy on him with expectations because he used to play here. Let’s be realistic…

serious right now GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)I Want GIF

2 losses? Stop coddling him. Undefeated or fired.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, rayzor said:

this year it's playoffs and win the division.

next year it's a deep playoff run, maybe NFCCG.

by year three, especially with him drafting his QB this year, Superbowl in year three. If he doesn't win one in year 4 it probably won't happen. If a coach/QB combo is going to win a Superbowl together, it's likely going to happen within the first 3 maybe 4 years or not at all.

By end of year 2 we should know if the QB we selected is legit or a bust. So I agree 3 years max for a least becoming contenders. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Eh, I think we compete for the division this year, maybe win it, maybe Carr extends the Saints’ relevance a little. But we should definitely dominate the NFCS next year and be a contender for the whole NFC. At least a playoff win or two. 

I feel if they had Payton they would be easy NFC South contenders but their coach is really bad.