• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich has NO EXCUSES… playoffs or bust in 3 seasons

TheBigKat

Last years team has been blown up. This team will be completely different as it will consist of a lot new players in starting roles. They have to install a new scheme and philosophy on both offense and defense in about 4 months.  The coaches are 99% all new and a lot of them have never worked together before. On top of that they are putting their hopes in a rookie qb that they hope they can get ready by game 1.  Sounds like we should expect the playoffs at least. 

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

Last years team has been blown up. This team will be completely different as it will consist of a lot new players in starting roles. They have to install a new scheme and philosophy on both offense and defense in about 4 months.  The coaches are 99% all new and a lot of them have never worked together before. On top of that they are putting their hopes in a rookie qb that they hope they can get ready by game 1.  Sounds like we should expect the playoffs at least. 

All of this^^^sounds an awful lot like teaching, learning, physical workouts, practices, competition, cooperation and coordination. 

Just way too complex in this age of instant gratification. 

Don't tell me the truth. 

Tell me what I want to hear!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

51 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Who are you trying to kid?  It's not even close to reasonable.

5 games, 5 Super Bowls!

Anything less should result in a house cleaning at Panthers HQ by the end of this year!

That reminds me of Jerome Bettis' famous stat line...

5 carries, -1 yards, 3 touchdowns 😄

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

… in this age of instant gratification. 

Or…

[hair on fire] “It’s five days into free agency and we haven’t signed a consensus all star WR1 yet.  What is wrong with Fitterer, can’t he see that we are doomed without one?”

Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

• Flames 1