• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign Bengals TE Hayden Hurst

TheSpecialJuan

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I agree, and we may not get a really good WR there--I think we are going to sign a WR or two today/tomorrow.

The only other option is to trade back up into the 1st round and target one of the WRs there to be our #1, but it's risky to count on finding a trade partner, and it's expensive draft capital wise. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Probably in the 15-25 range of TEs in the league which is much better than what we had in 2022. 

He was around 13-15 statistically and missed 4 games.....in a full season he is potentially a top 10 TE.

Keep in mind he also played in Cinn where they had 3 of the top 35 WR's in the league, so targets weren't easy to come by.

Edited by Stingray3030
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3

5 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Great offensive minds can scheme guys open and elevate their players. Don’t necessarily need a T.O. out there.

The off-season isn’t done yet too (obviously).

I’m looking forward to what Reich/Brown cook up.

7DCED0DA-6386-4E0A-8BC6-E84091D9B510.jpeg

• Flames 2

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Did you type this during the 90 seconds you have to wait before the fries are ready?  Just kidding.  I have been able to work all week from home, so the NFL network is on in my home office and I am spending about 30 minutes on work every three hours.  This is so addictive.

I used to post a lot more often here but I got truck driving job in 2020 and then had a lot less time. I used to work only half days and before that unemployed and before that 4 days a week.  

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, bobcat91 said:

We are rebuilding, not reloading. 

We are not rebuilding lol

We have a legit defense and our Oline is locked up for the foreseeable future. We are about to draft a rookie QB #1 overall. We are a #1 WR away from winning this division. It's why I keep bringing up Nuk.

I don't think people realize just how much talent this team has. We got all the major positions taken care of pass rushing DE, lockdown DB, solid Oline, young franchise QB.

WR is basically the only weakness we have right now. We are not rebuilding people!

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Stingray3030 said:

He was around 13-15 statistically and missed 4 games.....in a full season he is potentially a top 10 TE.

Keep in mind he also played in Cinn where they had 3 of the top 25 WR's in the league, so targets weren't easy to come by.

I hope so! That ranking wasn’t my opinion since I haven’t seen enough of him to say. I just perused a few TE ranking lists of last year and that’s the ranges I saw. 

By all accounts he is a fantastic team mate. Look around the web, his team loves him, the fans love him, he does a lot in the community and works hard. Capable of making plays in the passing game. This is a good signing. Look at more then just his nfl stat page folks

• Pie 4