• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Panthers unsure of who their #1 is or is it just a smokescreen…

mc52beast

I think they are ok with Young and Stroud. Now they have time to do a deep dive on both and figure out who they like more. I doubt strongly they will trade down at all.

It also helped them enter free agency with the realization that they have got find some way to ease the burden of having to part with D.J. 

Edited by panther4life
  • Beer 2

i've said it before....i think they probably have a gut feeling of who it will be and now it's just a matter of making sure they are going to be making the right decision. They probably obviously feel good about one or two others, but i think they probably know who they want. next month and a half is just going to be assuring themselves that they are picking the right guy.

i'm sure a lot of the decision will be based on schemes that they are no doubt trying to come up with when thinking about each player. which ever one excites them more will likely get the job.

• Pie 6

Indicators would say that they are...

...and frankly they should be.

There's still a lot of time between now and the draft. You'll have pro days, visits, interviews and other things to take advantage of In order to get as much information as possible on every prospect.

Do the homework. Get it right.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

I watched Richardson's work out in the Combine. To me, I can't see Reich taking on a guy with so many issues with fundamentals. He is an elite athlete but things as basic as his footwork on an out in shorts and t-shirts are wrong, after having months to prepare for that exact drill. 

I think it's Stroud or Young. If it's Levis (please no) I think we will try to trade down to 3 or 4. 

Personally, I think they know they want someone, but obviously they aren't going to let it out. Most people think that the Texans want Young, so I'd imagine the Panthers will put out some crap that makes them seem interested in Young as well to see what the Texans may do to ensure they get their guy. 

Stroud seems like a Reich guy to me.

• Pie 3

This gives them control, regardless.  We are getting a really good QB, regardless.  I can make an argument for either, although, based on what I know and have seen, I prefer Stroud.  

These contracts are for 3 years--I get the feeling that they want stability around this new QB--and they plan on starting him.  Only Dalton has a 2 year deal

• Pie 2