• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are the Panthers unsure of who their #1 is or is it just a smokescreen…

mc52beast

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

After watching some more of Levis' highlight videos, it dawned on me that his "highlight" out-route throws and quick hits are gonna be easy pick-sixes in the NFL. He stands tall in the pocket, but the narrow escapes his passes had in college will make DBs salivate. In short: this dude is gonna throw a lot of interceptions and very few touchdown passes.

It's exactly like trading Muhsin Muhammad, two firsts and more for the rights to move up and grab Randy Fasani No. 1 in 2002.

Hold On Wait GIF by filmeditor

We know who we want, and that's why we moved up to one. Sure, they're going to play games to see if they can parlay something from nothing, because in the end it's all about value. But we know who we want. All the workouts and pro days aren't going to amount to a hill of beans. Extensive research on these guys has already been done. Our guys are experienced enough that they aren't going to be Zach-Wilsoned.

• Pie 1

I think keeping it a mystery is just a good business decision. Speculation keeps the Panthers in the news. I also think it's better for the league overall to keep it a mystery. The draft is dimished if the first pick is confirmed by the team making it.

1 hour ago, Fright said:

Stroud covers every criteria for a #1 overall QB. He has 0 questions... nothing over durability, nothing over height, nothing over mechanics, nothing over character. Everyone else has AT LEAST 1 question, whether it be height or proper mechanics, etc. 

If it's not Stroud, we're wrong. 

Agreed. His only concern is the track record of previous Ohio State QBs being bad. Which is a ridiculous concern considering none of that is relevant to who he is as a player. Before Mahomes there was never a successful Texas Tech QB in the NFL. 

Young would also be a worthy 1st overall pick but the size concerns are enough for me to have Stroud as my clear #1. 

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Will Levis sucks. Not even a top-4 QB in this draft.

I found it interesting that Ryan Leaf had Stroud and Young as first rounders with Richardson and Levis as toolsy second rounders that you're doing no favours to if you draft them in the first.